At wits end with CA Kit and no bass....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

vinod_david:matthewpiano:Forgot to say, the CA amps take a pretty big jump in quality once you get into the 740A and 840A models as well. The 640A is excellent but some way off the 740A.

Matthew:

I remember when you had 740 setup + MS 914i, you trounced CA SQ, and began your hifi journey with lots of changes amp+cdp+speakers wise; and now you are back to square one, with CA+MS setup, nice.

You said good about 640 reg clarity and bass, but in my RS6 setup, i find some lack of bass, so jumping to 840v1 could bring bags of bass ?

Sometimes I think you need to experience a range of kit before you can finally decide what sounds best. I originally found CA slightly clinical, but after experiencing what everyone else is doing, I now see that more as being an accuracy and level of detail and openess. Some of the other stuff just sounds stodgy in comparison.

Regarding the bass issue, I don't think the 840A is going to give you MORE bass, but it will certainly be better quality than that provided by the 640. The 740 and 840 amps are, if anything, slightly on the dry side.

A

Anonymous

vinod_david:You said good about 640 reg clarity and bass, but in my RS6 setup, i find some lack of bass, so jumping to 840v1 could bring bags of bass ?

It might not work like that with all speakers. I have mine partnered with some old (1990) Monitor Audios and there aren't bags of bass around. I still love the detail the 840A brings, but could do with just another pinch of lows at times.

When I'm ready to move on, I'll definitely go and listen to the Mezzo 6 and 8's.

TRENDING THREADS