How do i get better bass (amp) ?

gasolin

My system is in my signature

I have now own a LD systems XS200. it's an adam hall amp and it's got a limiter, ground loop switch, gain input selector 23,26 or 29 db, adjustable gain in the font, bridge,par,stereo mode and trs/6.3mm jack xlr and rca in,no fan, rated at 2x50 and 2x100 watt in 8/4 ohm, never once needed to go so loud that the amp is clipping

I can easily get 100 watt or 200 watt or 300 watt pr channel in 8 ohm for the same price i payed for my class d amp but they all have a noisy fan

Sound quality is very good not at all bright and screamy, the other amp i had, have much more power and a very noisy fan, disabled it got in the high 70's low 80's not even using 1 watt, returned it for a passive cooled amp.

What i miss from my XS200 amp is a thighter, firmer and a little more precice,punchy bass (sometimes it feels soft and less tight,precise,punchy), the other amp img stage line sta-225 had a tighter,firmer,more precise and a little more punchy bass, it too sounded very good for my needs.

The sta 225 did have better bass, either do to more power or better damping factor or both

How do i get an improvement in the bass ?

Do i need to by an amp with better damping factor ?

Can special hifi feet under the amp give me better bass ?

Almost forgot to mention i do use mon expensive hifi feet and a IsoTek EVO3 INITIUM power cable

Last edited:

gasolin

I don't have a huge budget and i do use quality feet audioquest, foculpods, sonic design feet

I can get 4 Ludic No Rumble Isolation Pads for 10 euros when they are stock, if they are any good,better than what i already use i don't know, they for shure don't cost a furtune

ludicnorumblepads-32.jpg

gasolin

Why does many confuse better bass with adding a subwoofer, i don't need louder and deeper bass

Louder and deeper bass don't aut = better basse

I just remember that the other amp with a loud fan had better bass, more tight,firm, punchy and also dynamically better bass, not by a huge amount but enough for me to remember it

Could be a diffrence in power but also in damping factor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts