ARRrrgghh what Receiver to buy???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im looking at buying a new receiver i currently have Epos m12.2s & M8 Center & some pioneer rears running from an old yamaha rxv-430, which im pretty sure is a weak link in the system, what i was wondering is whether I would benefit much changing to something like an onkyo Tx-sr705 or pioneer lx50 etc, or would i need to spend more to see much of a difference from my old yamaha. I have a Arcam dv-79 dvd player, and have listened to arcam receivers before but have found them a bit "soft" matched with the Epos', Also the likes of the onkyo and pioneer seem to have may more "gadgets" but at a considerably cheaper price than the arcam.

ideas anyone??

thanks

A

Anonymous

Also consider the Cambridge Azur 640. A cracking sounding amp, although a little short on features.

The Sony STR-DA5200ES can be had for similar money to the Pioneer if you shop around as can the Yamaha RX-V2600. Both of these are very good and should be on your shortlist.

I cant decide between the three myself.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I'm using a Sony STR-DA5200ES at present. I've hooked it up to 7 B+W M-1 speakers and two daisy-chained PV1 subwoofers. The Sony 5200 is good, but the 5300 is out next month and will include support for the new HD sound formats DTS-HD and Dolby-HD.

It might be worth hanging out a little while longer as September seems to be the month for several new releases. There are some that would definitely be worth an audition.

Cheers,

Robert.

A

Anonymous

Hey Robert, I picked up a Denon AVR-4306 about 2 months ago at VideoPro in Brissie for $2850 - crazy value from the $4k retail price. It is of course being replaced and the newcomer kicks ass with all the new stuff but at this price - surely worth a look. Sounds great with music or movies.

A

Anonymous

Hello Damien,

That's a great deal on a great receiver. Simply can't go wrong with the Denon AVR-4306, especially at that price.

There may be the newcomers on the horizon, but the Denon is definitely going to do you proud well into the future.

Cheers,

Robert

TRENDING THREADS