ARRrrgghh what Receiver to buy???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im looking at buying a new receiver i currently have Epos m12.2s & M8 Center & some pioneer rears running from an old yamaha rxv-430, which im pretty sure is a weak link in the system, what i was wondering is whether I would benefit much changing to something like an onkyo Tx-sr705 or pioneer lx50 etc, or would i need to spend more to see much of a difference from my old yamaha. I have a Arcam dv-79 dvd player, and have listened to arcam receivers before but have found them a bit "soft" matched with the Epos', Also the likes of the onkyo and pioneer seem to have may more "gadgets" but at a considerably cheaper price than the arcam.

ideas anyone??

thanks

A

Anonymous

Also consider the Cambridge Azur 640. A cracking sounding amp, although a little short on features.

The Sony STR-DA5200ES can be had for similar money to the Pioneer if you shop around as can the Yamaha RX-V2600. Both of these are very good and should be on your shortlist.

I cant decide between the three myself.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I'm using a Sony STR-DA5200ES at present. I've hooked it up to 7 B+W M-1 speakers and two daisy-chained PV1 subwoofers. The Sony 5200 is good, but the 5300 is out next month and will include support for the new HD sound formats DTS-HD and Dolby-HD.

It might be worth hanging out a little while longer as September seems to be the month for several new releases. There are some that would definitely be worth an audition.

Cheers,

Robert.

A

Anonymous

Hey Robert, I picked up a Denon AVR-4306 about 2 months ago at VideoPro in Brissie for $2850 - crazy value from the $4k retail price. It is of course being replaced and the newcomer kicks ass with all the new stuff but at this price - surely worth a look. Sounds great with music or movies.

A

Anonymous

Hello Damien,

That's a great deal on a great receiver. Simply can't go wrong with the Denon AVR-4306, especially at that price.

There may be the newcomers on the horizon, but the Denon is definitely going to do you proud well into the future.

Cheers,

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts