Ariston Icon?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anybody know anything about the Ariston Icon? I saw one for sale recently in a second hand shop for £100. I did a quick google search and found a few positive reviews. Taking into account the price (and assuming that it's all in working order), does anybody have an idea about how it would compare to a new turntable under £200? I've been thinking about the Pro-ject Genie III. Any advice much appreciated.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
CHD27:
Anybody know anything about the Ariston Icon? I saw one for sale recently in a second hand shop for £100. I did a quick google search and found a few positive reviews. Taking into account the price (and assuming that it's all in working order), does anybody have an idea about how it would compare to a new turntable under £200? I've been thinking about the Pro-ject Genie III. Any advice much appreciated.
My brother bought a genie III and I must say that it is really a brilliant start for a turntable :) buy with confidence. I have no experience with the Ariston Icon, so I am not able to comment I'm afraid!

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
In it's time it was a decent deck being a step up from the Q deck and could give the rega 3 a run for it's money though not as good as the aristons of old like the rd 11 or the rd 80 that came close to linn territory, i too have a genie lll and i have knocked projects in the past but pie and humble spring to mind so if a new TT is what your after and for the price being asked it really is a good deck also comes with a cartridge pre fitted whereas the icon would probably need a new one and maybe a new power supply, in the past i have owned many a TT, linn's, Ariston's and to many others to mention but the genie puts a smile on my face, one day i may just revisit and rate on this forum my thought's on the TT's i've owned.

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the replies. I've gone off the idea of the Ariston. I think that it would be difficult to get belts etc given that it's so old. I'm looking for a fairly cheap turntable as vinyl is never going to be a primary listening source for me. I currently use a cheap, direct-drive, plastic, Technics-1200-copy Limit TT to play my records every now and then. I am hoping that the Genie III would be a considerable improvement in terms of sound quality - or would I need to spend more?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts