Are you really an audiophile? Simple test.

F

FunkyMonkey

I am. I hear high frequencies well. Even though I am pushing 45 in a few months.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-44136799

insider9

Played back from a phone speaker and me, my wife and my 17-year old head Laurel.

Only my 8 year old son said he's heard Yanny. To be fair, he actually said he's heard the Y-thing. He also doesn't know what Yanny is :)

F

FunkyMonkey

Me: Yanny

My wife: Laurel

16 year old son: Laurel

15 year old son: Yanny

Go figure.

So nowt to do with hearing ability.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
For me it's Yanny on all different devices even playing with tone controls made no difference.

BUT if I jam my index fingers deep into both my ears so that I can only just hear the sound I can hear Laurel .

I deduce from this that my hearing would have to be totally shot to pieces to hear Laurel under normal circumstances. *yes3* *biggrin*

Gray

Every time. But so far I've listened on nothing bigger than a 3" speaker.

I'm going to have to try it through the hi-fi soon.

(Without having taken a proper test, I'd guess my HF hearing is special - only by virtue of the fact that I've still got some, after years of working in discos and loud live music venues).

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
For me it is Laurel, also it is so clear that I am completely bemused that others hear Yanny? Is this some kind of belated April fools joke or is there a trigger in our brains that makes people hear different things, eg colour blindness = hearing blindness?

D

Deleted member 160668

For me is Yanny. Clear as day. Mrs Amor hears Laurel, as does my eldest, but youngest also hears Yanny.

I recently had ears syringed (best hifi upgrade ever - highly recommend), so I figure the Mrs and eldest are hearing funny.

Read article suggesting you hear Yanny if can detect higher pitched sounds as apparently both words are present. Don’t know if that’s true. Certainly strange though. I thought it was a windup.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Electro said:
For me it's Yanny on all different devices even playing with tone controls made no difference.

BUT if I jam my index fingers deep into both my ears so that I can only just hear the sound I can hear Laurel .

I deduce from this that my hearing would have to be totally shot to pieces to hear Laurel under normal circumstances. *yes3* *biggrin*

Update .

My son played it on his i phone speaker and it was Laurel clear as day .

Edit .

Problem solved !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDiXQl7grPQ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts