Arcam DV78/DV79/DV88 - As a CD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All,

I am in need of a new DVD player but with the declining use of DVD I am wanting a unit that will cover both DVD watching and really good CD audio. Of the three listed DV78/88/79 which would give me the most bang for the buck at CD audio with the occasional DVD watching?

What is the best interconnect for Arcam to Arcam (I know personal taste...but I need some options)

I have an Arcam AVR300 as my receiver with Acoustic Energy Aelite Two fronts.

Thanks

Dave

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The DV79 is a great DVD player and also decent enough with CDs. If you are looking for really really high quality sound then you would need a separate CD player and stereo amp, or a separate DAC. Don't get me wrong the DV79 will sound good.

I've always found the ÿVan Den Hul D103 II is great, and can be picked up quite cheap on eBay.

ÿ

T

the record spot

You might get a good deal on the outgoing (outgone?) DV135 - this was offered at £299 from about £800 not so long ago and got good writeups especially for music replay. I don't believe the step-up from the previous set range to this one is worth a £400 or more difference, maybe worth shortlisting?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hudsy:
Hello All,

I am in need of a new DVD player but with the declining use of DVD I am wanting a unit that will cover both DVD watching and really good CD audio. Of the three listed DV78/88/79 which would give me the most bang for the buck at CD audio with the occasional DVD watching?

What is the best interconnect for Arcam to Arcam (I know personal taste...but I need some options)

I have an Arcam AVR300 as my receiver with Acoustic Energy Aelite Two fronts.

Thanks

Dave

This one will be better than all of the above. I had the 27A (which is the same as the 27 but offers DVD Audio playback as well). The dvd picture is very good and it's a cracking cd player.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARCAM-FMJ-DV27-REGION-FREE-DVD-CD-PLAYER-QED-CABLE_W0QQitemZ280313308254QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates?hash=item280313308254&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

A

Anonymous

Okay, out of the blue I called an audio place that is just ouside of the Detroit area. They have a B-Stock Arcam DV135 that is as new as a b-stock is. They are selling it for $550 US.

Is this a good/decent/no good deal?

What about the quality of this versus the others mentioned. I am not looking to spend an arm and a leg for a DVD player but I do like the Arcam stuff that I currently own.

Thanks

Dave

A

Anonymous

Okay.

I can get a used Arcam DV27 ($400) or a b-stock Arcam DV135($550), with warranty.

What would you chose?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts