Arcam d33 vs irdac/or anything else.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Just bought the arcam a 29 for my kef ls50, really nice match. I borrowed the amp from the store before i bought, and the guy fromthe store gave me the arcam d33 for the amp. It sounded really good, then i returned the d33 and bought a used irdac. The d33, sounded much better than the irdac, much more clarity and air and the stereo imaging was perfect with the d33.

The irdac is good, but not like the d33. The d33 is expensive and large/clumsy. Can you guys recommend something better and soundvise alike the arcam d33, but a bit cheaper? 700 to 1200 pounds maybe.

Thanks guys..

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanx iceman, i know there are quite a few on ebay. Maybe i will go for one of them. But, i was hoping for a cheaper and smaller in size dac, with just as good sound quality as the arcam d33 out there? maybe with also bluetooth connectivity?

p_m_brown

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Slightly over budget but check out the Chord Hugo. It's on my hit list for a demo although it doesn't have a remote; a feature I would certainly miss from my Leema Elements DAC.

Another option is the Naim DAC V1 and if it sounds half as good as the Naim streamer I heard recently, it will be on my shortlist too!

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Chr78 said:
The irdac is good, but not like the d33. The d33 is expensive and large/clumsy. Can you guys recommend something better and soundvise alike the arcam d33, but a bit cheaper? 700 to 1200 pounds maybe.

Thanks guys..

Hegel HD12 will do the job. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts