Arcam CD73t Vs Rega Apollo Vs Cyrus CD8x

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

FrankTheTank:
Just as an update, i have taken a bit of a risk but one that i think is worth taking. I have managed to get myself a used Cyrus CD8x for a bargain price, still within warranty. I realise that i said i was going to audition, but if i don't like it i can sell it on without losing any money. I know some say they are lean or bright and some say they are extremely detailed with good bass extension, but just wondered what people's experiences with the CD8x were, especially anybody with comments on the partnership with my kit and the CD8x. Also, what kind of player is it compared to my old Arcam CD73t? Are they completely different, is it a worthwhile upgrade. In total, the CD8x should really only cost me approx £200 once i have exchanged my Arcam.

Many thanks

Frank

Right, just a further update for anyone interested

My system has had a bit of an overhaul in the last few days! I managed to PX my Arcam CD73t plus £110 for a CD8x which i think was a pretty good deal. My missus got me a PS3 for Chrimbo and a DAC Magic for my birthday so i'm well chuffed. I have now got my external HD set up and can use the PS3 to play all my lossless WAV's. I still like listening to CD's but this is just a bit more flexible. The problem is my amp is still at Cyrus getting repaired so i can't bloomin listen to any of this! It's killing me! Still very happy though.

TRENDING THREADS