Arcam cd7 to buy or not to buy

crispy

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Someone local to me is selling an arcam cd7 for £50 , is a cd player of this age worth that money or should I swerve this offer. As far as I know its not got any transport problems which I have read about this evening and is in good overall condition. I also read one review that suggested it sounded good with classical music, it would be playing more heavy rock than that in this house though, would that be an issue, the article said it was a warm sounding unit.

Any advise is most appreciated

Crispy

If that's the Alpha 7 it does come with a good reputation. However, from owning Aplha 7R amp it can sound a little on the rich side of neutral, so it will depend what amp you're planning to partner with it.

That said, at £50, it sounds like a good deal.

crispy

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.

It would sit along with an onkyo tx-nr626 thats biwired to cambridge audio s70's. Personally I have all my audio on a hard drive in lossless format but my wife still likes having a cdp and cd's so while I want something decent for her I'm not emptying my hard earned into something that wont get used an awful lot. I want to upgrade the xovers on the s70's first lol

thank you, ill see the seller tomorrow and give this unit the once over. If anyone knows of anything bad to look out for when i test it before then that would be great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts