Arcam Cd 192 !!Good amp needed to pair with it!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

peterquinn60

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah , hope you are right Ben!! I think you get more detail from more expensive stuff!! Chord odyssey 2 has some great reviews , mind you at nearly £25 a metre it should be good !!

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes this is possible and I tried it with my old arcam a75 and rotel power amp. I didn't really like it though as I found the hf and lf had slightly different presentations and were not cohesive. As if they were coming from 2 different sources which I guess in a way that's true. The rotel gave an attacking sound and the arcam laid back smooth sound so in combination the highs and lows were one and the other which I didn't like.

peterquinn60

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
:rockout: got my Roksan caspian mk 2 yesterday, which I paired up with the Arcam CD192, with chord odyssey 2 cables and Minitor Audio GS10 speakers, once I got used to the different sound from the amp, I noticed how open and well detailed the sound became, when I played Madonna's "ray of light" cd, which is a very demanding CD , I found it spot on and very atmospheric with inseuments playing right in front of my closed eyes!! Awesome !! So all in all, a very well balanced open detailed sound with great presentation, very musically tuned up with great tone, a wpnderful listening experience and this is only day 1 !!

peterquinn60

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The sound staging was truly brilliant with music and sounds bursting all around the room!! Great clear crisp treble with nicely defined bass!! Nicely surprised , geat sonic ability too, so that's a great worry off my mind as the amp is a pretty expensive piece of kit !!

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
great news on the new amplifier - i always thought moving to say the Roksan Caspian or the Arcam A38 was much more than a sideways move.

i think integrated amps around this price bracket, say the two above and the Heed and Naim XS are a sweet spot where you still get a significant improvement relative to the outlay, espcially if you can pick them up ex demo or second hand. you can also add a matching power amp in most cases too if you really want even more. moving up too much further required a lot more cash.

i am now very happy at this level of quality myself

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Very happy with the quality of my system also. I am going to be sampling some power cables and speaker cables to hopefully fine tune the sound further but I am doing this on a 60 day trial as I'm on the fence with the cable debate at the moment. I have had good results from upgrading interconnects.

In the long term I would like to add a p38 and upgrade my speakers to GX300, kef R900 or pmc 23/24 series but that's a long way off and I'm happy with what I've got for now :dance:

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear your loving the upgrade. I hope it brings you many years of happy listening. Of course roksan do make a matching power amp..........but that's just silly right :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts