Arcam AVR 350 comparison

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have noticed that the Arcam AVR 350 can be bought in the UK for about 600 GBP, whereas my local shop in Holland is still asking EUR 2698,- for this receiver. I'd like to know if anyone has done a comparison between the vanilla Dolby DigitalDTS output of the Arcam and the HD audio output from a receiver costing around 600 GBP from Sony, Denon, Onkyo etc? Does the better amplification in the Arcam make up for the lower bitrate on DVD?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
DrWatson:
I have noticed that the Arcam AVR 350 can be bought in the UK for about 600 GBP, whereas my local shop in Holland is still asking EUR 2698,- for this receiver. I'd like to know if anyone has done a comparison between the vanilla Dolby DigitalDTS output of the Arcam and the HD audio output from a receiver costing around 600 GBP from Sony, Denon, Onkyo etc? Does the better amplification in the Arcam make up for the lower bitrate on DVD?

I doubt it and also the Arcam doesn't offer upscaling or upconverting. It will smash the lower priced machines on stereo playback though. All depends on what is important to you. You could of course connect a BD player that can decode HD audio to the Arcam with analogue cables and you would get HD audio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts