APPLE LOSSLESS

delboy27

May 13, 2010
Visit site
IS USING APPLE LOSSLESS THE BEST WAY FOR IMPORTING CDS , IF SO HOW MUCH MORE SPACE DOES IT USE OVER THE DEFAULT SETTING(IN NUMBER OF SONGS TERMS)I HAVE A 8GB NANO.I HAVE USED THE DEFAULT SETTING ALREADY DON'T SUPPOSE THERE'S A WAY TO CHANGE IT APART FROM STARTING AGAIN

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
delboy27:IS USING APPLE LOSSLESS THE BEST WAY FOR IMPORTING CDS , IF SO HOW MUCH MORE SPACE DOES IT USE OVER THE DEFAULT SETTING(IN NUMBER OF SONGS TERMS)I HAVE A 8GB NANO.I HAVE USED THE DEFAULT SETTING ALREADY DON'T SUPPOSE THERE'S A WAY TO CHANGE IT APART FROM STARTING AGAIN

Using Apple Lossless is a good way to go for decent quality however as you only have 8gb I wouldn't bother as this format would eat up that storage space quickly. Also if you are only listening to your iPod through headphones then Apple's ACC will suffice i.e you wouldn't notice the difference in sound quality between the two formats anyway.

BTW you can't change someting that has been ripped lossy i.e AAC into lossless i.e Apple Lossless and expect better results - the point of lossy is that data is lost and irrecoverable.

Hope this helps

Matt

Zarn_Smith

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
In terms of size, the compressed lossless formats tend to be half the sized of the uncompressed. So if your average CD is 500Mb your flac files would be about 250Mb.

delboy27

May 13, 2010
Visit site
THANKS EVERYBODY .I.LISTEN THROUGH MY AV AMP BUT I DON'T FANCY LOSING HALF MY SONGS ANYWAY IT SOUNDS DECENT AS IT IS.I MIGHT TRY A CD OR TWO TO SEE WHAT ITS LIKE.TA.

manicm

delboy27:THANKS EVERYBODY .I.LISTEN THROUGH MY AV AMP BUT I DON'T FANCY LOSING HALF MY SONGS ANYWAY IT SOUNDS DECENT AS IT IS.I MIGHT TRY A CD OR TWO TO SEE WHAT ITS LIKE.TA.

In that case when your budget permits get an iPod classic and a digital dock like Onkyo's and then rip to lossless.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts