Apple Airport Express

hw3004

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
My two main sources for listening to music are my Teac Amp and CD player in my lounge and on my pc in my study. Unfortunately, about the only chance I get to listen to music these days is when eating in the dining room! My current solution is to crank up the CD player but, obviously, that's not ideal. I’d also like to be able to listen to the (small amount) of music I have only in digital format on my stereo without having to burn to CD. The bulk of my purchasing/ listening is still, and will continue to be, on physical formats. What, if anything, can I do to:

1 – listen to digital music on my stereo?
2 – listen to music in my kitchen (ideally from either my stereo or my computer)?

Would the Apple AirPort Express take care of this? What other equipment is needed? Is it just speakers for the dining room? If so are there any you would recommend? What sort of quality can I expect?

My desktop is not wireless but it is connected to my BT Home Hub.

A

Anonymous

other than active speakers (or amp and speakers) that's all you'd need.

the only thing is, i can't remember the airport having an option to connect via a network cable. Since you'd need to join the airport express default network and then set it to an access point for your home hub (am assuming these are all wireless), you may have a problem.

If you can borrow a friend and their wireless laptop for about 5 minutes you can get round that though.

Quality from the a.e. is fine with a 3.5mm to phono cable, but you'd obviously get better with a dac.

A

Anonymous

The AE does have an ethernet port so you can use it to join an existing network.

A

Anonymous

for some reason i was thinking that was just for plugging the modem in to it, not for joining it to a router and accessing it that way.

I'll go back to not thinking. It's easier.

TRENDING THREADS