Anyone use Sky HD with a Slingbox?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Dad has asked for some help purchasing & setting up a Slingbox so he can watch Sky when he is working away. He isn't too fussed abotu sending HD content over the Slingbox, but obviously wants to have the HD output to his TV.

What I originally intended to do was use the HDMI connection from SKy box to the TV, and then use the secondary coaxial output on the Sky box to output to the Slingbox, but it looks like only the Slinbox Pro HD has the coaxial input/output which isn't available in the UK, so I was wondering if the Sky HD box will output via the HDMI connection and the SCART connection at the same time?

The only alternative would be to use the component video in/out on the Slingbox, which I guess wouldn't be so much of a problem as Sky HD is only 1080i anyway. On secodn thoughts, does the Sky HD box have a component video out?

Any advice on other people's set-ups would be welcome!

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Sky HD will send picture output on all of it's outputs at the same time.

I have a Slingbox Classic at home and will check exactly which connections it has and post back.

One issue I always encountered was that the Slingbox needs a Wired Internet connection, but as usual my TV wasn't anywhere near my Internet router, meaning I had to run a length of cable (which is part of the reason the Slingbox went back in it's box when I moved).

Douglas9

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
I use a Slingbox Solo to send TV pictures, from a Freeview set - top box, to my daughter in France. The Solo has inputs for composite, S-video (which I use) and component. Incidentally, the SKY HD box does have component output.

A

Anonymous

When I had mine up and running I uaed, S-Video for the video connection and a 3.5mm to dbl phono to cater for the audio.

You can also use the supplied IR adapters to allow the channel to be changed from the remote computer, but I never bothered with this.

All in it's quite a good setup if you're a frequent traveller.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify does the Slingbox allow you to record SKY HD content on a form of media whether it be a Hard Drive or Blu Ray as thats what I'm after? How does it work?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts