anyone run a 3.1 system instead of a 5.1 ie dropping the rear channels?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just about to set up my ht system again but because of new room layout just trying to decide whether to drop the surrounds which i know will kill a lot of the atmospehere but keep all the fronts and the sub channel - anyone set up this way at the moment and how much do you miss the full surround experience?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
One thing I did before with my home cinema in a box ,was that I kept the surround speakers on the front, but turned to the side walls.As long as you get a full and bodied sound, I guess I'm happy.

A

Anonymous

You will miss A LOT! The true essence of a surround sound atmosphere would be missing, and in my opinion, would be totally pointless for a Home Cinema System set-up.

Messiah

Like you have already pointed out you will certainly loose some of the atmosphere.

However, I have recently binned my surround system and now watch films in 2.1. Obviously it is not as good now but it still sounds pretty special.

I suppose the best thing to do will be to try it and see....

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Messiah:

Like you have already pointed out you will certainly loose some of the atmosphere.

However, I have recently binned my surround system and now watch films in 2.1. Obviously it is not as good now but it still sounds pretty special.

I suppose the best thing to do will be to try it and see....

was wondering if i run set up with them in but set to small so bass sent to the sub then remove them but don't re run set up then some of the bass from them will be redirected to the sub which might help with the atmosphere - def something i will need to try

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts