Anyone heard Marantz Hd Amp1?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
manicm said:
Eager for whf to review this one, anyone up there listening? I think this and a blue coned LS50 may be a killer combo.

wasnt there a recent thread where someone had one with some LS50s and was looking for a solution for some brightness in the sound?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
That was me, the amp is actually not that bright, it is fine. Still it could be interesting with a whathifi review
regular_smile.gif

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Chr78 said:
That was me, the amp is actually not that bright, it is fine. Still it could be interesting with a whathifi review

sorry , bad memory. If you already own it, why do you want a review? Assuaging your buyer's remorse? Don't trust your own ears?

its available in local stores, but I haven't gone to have a listen. Avoiding those places helps cure me of the upgrade bug.

In terms of speakers, I recall one Japanese review saying it was developed using B&W CMs2 series speakers. If I find the time I might try to see if there are more Japanese reviews around and let you know what the general impression was. If the sound is similar to the DAC1 I'm assuming it's smooth, although not especially warm and could do with a bit more bass authority.

manicm

From what I'm reading the AMP1 has an improved DAC over the DAC1, and incorporates all its features, thus rendering it rather redundant, albeit at slightly higher cost. It also has two distinct digital filters as per AE's review. It also has a good power supply. I think it has a lot of potential.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe put this through google translate

http://www.phileweb.com/sp/review/article/201512/04/1895_3.html

in short, dynamic, full bodied. Good depth to the soundstage. Onboard DAC is very detailed.

Perhaps it's that aspect of the sabre DAC you are finding bright at times.

Still not a lot of reviews out there, and most preliminary opinions talk ab its surprising capability to power demanding speakers. I.e. B&W speakers that have significant impedance drops.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts