Anyone had a new sky hd remote?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Besauce after just a few weeks of sky hd it seems i need one. The volume and mute buttons have given up. I've tried new batterries.

So, how have you gone about getting one and is there any set-up procedure involved that i should know about?

A

Anonymous

Mine packed up ,spent twenty minutes on phone going through checks then got cut off phoned again spoke to someone else who wanted to go though all the checks again. I explained in a firm but fair voice I had all ready done all this got a new remote next day.

P S remote started working have now got a spare,no you can't.

daveh75

al7478:
Besauce after just a few weeks of sky hd it seems i need one. The volume and mute buttons have given up. I've tried new batterries.

So, how have you gone about getting one and is there any set-up procedure involved that i should know about?

Have you re-programmed the Sky remote with the code for your tv?

Because if the old batteries went flat and weren't replaced within ten minutes of going flat then the Sky remote will have lost the tv codes.

For remote codes,and instructions on how to re-programme the remote see here

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
spannermonkey:

,no you can't.

Well, thats nice
emotion-4.gif

Is it likely to be that, Dave, if all other buttons seem to be working?

daveh75

al7478:

Is it likely to be that, Dave, if all other buttons seem to be working?
Quite likely,yes as all the other buttons/Sky funtions would still work, it's just the TV codes that are lost when the batteries go flat/are replaced.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Of course it is! And so it was! Thanks dave. Will that happen every time i change the batteries then? I never encountered this with sky+ but i may just have been very lucky.

daveh75

al7478:Of course it is! And so it was! Thanks dave. Will that happen every time i change the batteries then? I never encountered this with sky+ but i may just have been very lucky.Well supposedly you have ten minutes between the old batteries going flat and replacing with new ones before the memory is wiped/tv codes are lost,but it tends to vary from one remote to another.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts