Anyone any experience with Definitive Tech Demand D7 Speakers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daytona600

I took the bass test again with 5 hz increments it drops a bit from 90 to 85 hz and again at 80hz than it might be a little louder at 75hz, i can hear bass all the way down to 45hz not at 40hz with the same volume.

There is alot of bass if the recording allows the speakers to play bass

If you require deeper bass add the matching supercube subs
SuperCube 6000
High Performance 1500W Powered Subwoofer With 9" Woofer and Dual 10" Bass Radiators

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I know this is nearly a year after the last post but I thought I’d bring it alive again. Just bought some of these to replaced my Q Acoustics 3010i,s that sit on my desk.

Ile add my 2 pence once they arrive. Lol

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Update,

Had the D7’s for over a month now so plenty of time for them to run in. I’m playing them through a PS Audio Sprout100 and MacBook Pro using Looseless CD Rips.

All I can say is Wow! I haven’t had audio this clear and detailed in years, in fact I’m finding it difficult to remember if I ever have!🤔 Please bear in mind this system has cost me £1100 (that includes cables and stands), about 3 years ago my HEGEL H20/HD30 and Dynaudio Focus 160 system was worth £10000+ and I don’t remember it sounding as clear and airy as this Sprout and D7 combo, although I don’t get the bass I did from the HEGEL and Dynaudio which is due to size of speakers.

That’s not to say though, the D7’s give a loverly clean (deep enough)bass in my 7x3m room, what I can’t get though Is how detailed and airy(soundstage) they are for the price and size, I can hear all the separate instruments while presenting voices with clarity and warmth. It’s also worth mentioning with this combo it plays all types of music(pop, rock, jazz, electronic etc) including bad recordings really well, I found with my old £10000+ set up less inviting with badly recorded material. That’s the trouble with very hi end HIFI, it magnifies the bad recordings(which is most material nowa days).

Anyway, I would happily set this PS Audio/D7 combo up at a HIFI show behind a curtain and make people believe it’s a very high end system, Its just incredible how you can get this amazing sound at such a low cost. I think I’m going to try the D9s next. 😋

gasolin

I would say the upper midrange and lower tweeter is a little soft,resist (i think it's called),where i feel the midrange can be a little hard to hear, not clear, pronounced enough.

Changed when i got my B&W 607's

The PS Sprout 100 has a bass boost so turn it off if you really want to hear how the d7's sound,instead of an artificial enhanced bass at 70hz

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gasoline,

Must agree with you reference the Bass Boost off with the sprout. 👍

Not ever tried any B&W speakers so can’t comment on them TBH, I’m happy with these D7’s though, decided to keep them in my living room and now bought a BK Double Gem sub to sit next to them. 😄

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts