Anyone any experience with Definitive Tech Demand D7 Speakers?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Anyone any experience with Definitive Tech Demand D7 Speakers as currently on offer at Currys for £179.97, most other proper hi fi stores are selling for between £500 and £600 pounds.

Ordered a set to play with

gasolin

I took the bass test again with 5 hz increments it drops a bit from 90 to 85 hz and again at 80hz than it might be a little louder at 75hz, i can hear bass all the way down to 45hz not at 40hz with the same volume.

There is alot of bass if the recording allows the speakers to play bass

gasolin

The D7 can play pretty loud despite having 85db sensitivity but you need to have atlest 50 clean watt, meaning more than 50 watt pr channel and it has a really good tight deep bass (use isoacoustics stands) even at high levels as long as it's clean watt and not the hardest edm.

If not denon, audiolab 6000a might be a good match, 50 watt is okay but sweetspot is 80-125watt in 8 ohm

Even wharfedales Diamond 225 can't keep up with the bass, it might have deeper bass but not as much, many times the 225's sound thin in the bass, even when the highs are not loud you often feel the need for a subwoofer,not with the d7

Roberts (metallica) bass you can easily hear, it's not limited in hz like the Harbeth P3esr that sounds thin in the bass not matter what video i listen to.

wide soundstage and you have to play either really loud or some nasty recorded music for the high midrange to sound screaming, not just loud (a little easier when using them for near field listening)

The hight are to not loud and intrusive, unless it's how the music is recorded (or bad system)

Using them for my pc close to a wall

Tight punchy and loud
View: https://youtu.be/H2TuBIXuqx0

Reactions: insider9

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
These are an absolute steal for the money, arrived today and had them playing for about an hour and they are seriously impressive for the money in terms of both build and sound, they have far more bass that I was expecting for such a small cabinet

Reactions: gasolin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts