Anybody believe this claim? Kef3001 vs 3001SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
An eBay seller just told me that the Kef3001 centre speaker he is selling is not of the more recent SE range but, and I quote...

"It
is not an "se" model however it is brand new and unused . The only
performance difference between the "se" and standard model is the
subwoofer is better on the "se" and a silver cover over the tweeter."

Would anybody like to comment on that?!?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
On the SE the tweeter has a crown horn optimiser and it has been given some tweaks, yes the subwoofer is different, never heard the sound comparison between the two, but WHF and variousother sources say that it was a significant jump.

It could be new and boxed, just old stock. What are you pairing with??

A

Anonymous

I have just upgraded with the Center speaker from the 3005SE £160 from Superfi. Ebay seller claims £249 dunno where he gets that price from. As it stands now with PP its £132 Superfi all the way you know its the SE

A

Anonymous

Yeh, think I'll scrap the whole "i might just get it a little bit cheaper on eBay" idea. Richer Sounds here I come! Superfi don't deliver the Kef3005SE range to Ireland for some strange reason.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
When I was demoing various speakers a while back, including the 3005SE, the guy at Sevenoaks did say to me that he had listened to the old 3005 as well, and didn't really hear much if any difference.

I didn't hear the 3005 but the SEs were certainly good at the top end, better than the B&W M1s IMO.

I'm not trying to get you to buy the 3005 centre, as it doesn't seem to make financial sense, but just thought I'd mention this.

A

Anonymous

Somebody paid £160+ £10pp for that CP not even knowing if it was an SE. Just goes to show people think Ebay is the cheapest place to buy
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS