Any takers….?

shadders

Price is “if you have to ask…….” 🙂 as with most Absolute Sounds products…
I struggled to keep a straight face as I read this…. I know a few people who will NOT be impressed! 😁

Hi,
Yes, yet more utter ***** from people trying to extract money from the gullible.

Any cable that has a "box" attached to it must be viewed ultra sceptically.

Regards,
Shadders.

shadders

Honestly, if they are skilled enough to design a good looking product and sell it. Why not? Nowadays with money back guarantees surely that's ok....
Hi,
If the design was based on known principles and their design was engineered to achieve what is claimed, then no issue.

If the design is based on no principles, engineering, physics, or other aspect of science, and if built to look as if it does something it doesn't, then no, the product should not be taken seriously. It plays on peoples vulnerability, whatever that may be. A con is a con.

Regards,
Shadders.

Friesiansam

Prices here:

Scroll down to "LEVEL-MATCHED SYSTEM COMPANIONS" for additional amusement.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
This is the extreme version because its about cables, but I think the same ******** applies to amps, all in one music players and other more earthy solid components. A lot depends on the 'audiophile's' gullibility and the politics between professional reviewers and the 'brand'. Rarely do we read a review which absolutely destroys the reputation of a particular model of a brand (even if it is well deserved), if any at all, because it would be too honest and very bad for future business..!

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
If the design was based on known principles and their design was engineered to achieve what is claimed, then no issue.

If the design is based on no principles, engineering, physics, or other aspect of science, and if built to look as if it does something it doesn't, then no, the product should not be taken seriously. It plays on peoples vulnerability, whatever that may be. A con is a con.

Regards,
Shadders.
How do YOU know the product isn't based on scientific principles?

Re Transparent cables. In 1997 I had to buy a complete new system because I’d been burgled when on summer holiday. The loss adjuster seemed quite generous, so I took what seemed like a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to add significant savings and buy a really nice setup. Long story short, I got a Krell amp and player, some Sonus Faber speakers, a fab stand, and cables. The dealer was required to offer 10% off, something rarely possible on Absolute Sounds products.

They recommended Transparent cables to maximise the performance, and I knew this would help restore some of their lost margin. Upshot was a great system that I used almost without change for over 20 years. When I did eventually change, I was able to sell the cables for a significant sum, because of their reputation. I can’t say I ever A/B tested them so cannot claim they beat anything else. They looked the dogs, however! Probably one of the few high end cables I’d seriously consider, we’re I to be in that position again.

Re Transparent cables. In 1997 I had to buy a complete new system because I’d been burgled when on summer holiday. The loss adjuster seemed quite generous, so I took what seemed like a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to add significant savings and buy a really nice setup. Long story short, I got a Krell amp and player, some Sonus Faber speakers, a fab stand, and cables. The dealer was required to offer 10% off, something rarely possible on Absolute Sounds products.

They recommended Transparent cables to maximise the performance, and I knew this would help restore some of their lost margin. Upshot was a great system that I used almost without change for over 20 years. When I did eventually change, I was able to sell the cables for a significant sum, because of their reputation. I can’t say I ever A/B tested them so cannot claim they beat anything else. They looked the dogs, however! Probably one of the few high end cables I’d seriously consider, we’re I to be in that position again.
I did really like your set-up particularly that stand....
Most of my cables are Acoustics Zen from the States, simply because the speaker cables came with the speakers I bought at that time. Lovely build quality and the rest were down to my OCD.... :)

Reactions: nopiano

shadders

How do YOU know the product isn't based on scientific principles?
Hi,
From the article :
"We are informed that Generation 6 focuses on eliminating vibrational distortions to allow the cleanest signal flow, leading to Transparent Cable improving the network enclosures. The company states that, in addition to a more solid foundation for the music's lowest frequencies, the result of removing vibration and resonance is a quieter sound field with low-level information retrieval that is capable of revealing previously hidden “you are there” details."

It is just pure and utter 24 carat tosh. Sticking a plastic box on the end of a cable has no effect whatsoever.

Regards,
Shadders.

I think this might be more outrageous. $14,000 for speaker jumpers anyone?

Gray

I think this might be more outrageous. $14,000 for speaker jumpers anyone?
Wouldn't you just love to attend the blind test between that 'advanced technology' and bits of wire coat hanger?

Reactions: nopiano

Gray

No need to chuck that much money down the drain.....you can do it relatively cheaply with these old favourites:
Apparently, even the sceptics were convinced.
Edit: I've just read one of their benefits, it (genuinely) says that they don't require burn-in.

Last edited:
Reactions: shadders

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
If I won the serious roll over Euro millions I would not care at all how much the cables are priced as long as they work. Most probably throw in a nice Dan'Agostino amps, music server and match them with Magico speakers, that will be my first system. For second system start off with Naim Statement Pre & Power system... There is a market out there for high end audio and the customers are not concerned as to their price. All components will most probably be made to the highest standards and the diminishing return of quality over price will be most probably very small, but who cares these are worries for common folk audiophiles...!

Dom

I have been listening to my mums system, which consists of a Sony smart TV as source with basic RCA leads to a Roksan K2 amp, really thin speaker cable to Mordant Short Mezzo 6 speakers, close to the walls, without spikes and it sounds amazing. Well it just goes to show that the industry is full of horse manure. Credit goes to Mordant Short for some epic speakers.

Last edited:

Gray

I have been listening to my mums system, which consists of a Sony smart TV as source with basic RCA leads to a Roksan K2 amp, really thin speaker cable to Mordant Short Mezzo 6 speakers, close to the walls, without spikes and it sounds amazing. Well it just goes to show that the industry is full of horse manure. Credit goes to Mordant Short for some epic speakers.
Your Mum has a better system than the vast majority of Mums, that's for sure.

Reactions: Dom
As the character in The Fast Show used to say, 'better than that...' I read in Delayed Gratification that the first three months of this year gave us:

Virtual Gucci footwear.
A virtual house, which sold for $500,000.
A piece of virtual artwork sold for $69M.

I am shaking my head as I type...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts