Any suggestions what to buy for £500-600

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone suggest what Home Cinema kit I could buy for about £500-600. I'm looking for one where I can mount the rear speakers on stands - instead of wires up the wall. I would prefer a set up without a DVD as I would like to use my existing player for the time being because I plan to stream my music/video/movies downloads to my TV probably via Apple TV unit, unless someone can suggest a better option. Thanks.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
For that Money i would look at the Q Acoustic 1010i's for £350 and pair it with an Onkyo 577 amp at £299, should give you a great little setup.

A

Anonymous

I have an LCD HD 1080p TV with it's in built speakers. I do have Sky HD. At the moment I can use my hi-fi speakers and play the sound through my hi-fi amp but I'm not getting 5.1 surround sound. I do like a good bass and something that has good volume.

A

Anonymous

lobby:For that Money i would look at the Q Acoustic 1010i's for £350 and pair it with an Onkyo 577 amp at £299, should give you a great little setup.

Unless 7.1 is required, it would be better to get the 5.1 Onkyo 507 for £250 and save £50 IMHO.

A

Anonymous

Is it easy to set up for a basic user ? Just read some tech stuff about it. Do you know if I can connect Apple TV to this unit ?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ally99:Is it easy to set up for a basic user ?

Have a watch of this.

Ally99:Do you know if I can connect Apple TV to this unit ?

Yup, either will work fine with the Apple TV. There's also the Sony STR-DH800, available for about £260 - £270 from a quick search and a better bet for your money than the Onkyo I reckon.

A

Anonymous

You could of course opt for 500 - 600 bags of Matlow's Refreshers chew bars Party Packs- which also include the legendary Drumsticks (as well, of course as the Classic Refresher and its Strawberry variant, amongs other, equally delicious offerings).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts