Any offers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
And do any companies supply cabling/connectors other than the average stock offerings? (Not counting their own brand). If not then these companies cant believe they make much difference...

...or they take the view that cable believers will want their own brand of choice (and sceptics will resent paying extra for foo).

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
+1 or -1 Cno. In which case, if they entertain believers and sceptics, then they must consider the matter is faith rather than fact?

IMO It's about sensible, pragmatic marketing, avoiding "labels" and appearing neutral on the matter.....you are back to inferring things again and making considerable assumptions. *blum3*

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I have to, like you, make assumptions and I appreciate your interpretation.

It is however the 'neutrality' that you mention which is central to my question. If manufacturers spend £????? on R&D then they must at some stage connect their equipment. Were they to find connectors improving the sound of their products would they not share this?

Cheers

PS - still searching for manufacturers advice

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
I have to, like you, make assumptions and I appreciate your interpretation.

It is however the 'neutrality' that you mention which is central to my question. If manufacturers spend £????? on R&D then they must at some stage connect their equipment. Were they to find connectors improving the sound of their products would they not share this?

Cheers

PS - still searching for manufacturers advice

They are placing goods into a subjective market, so need to tread carefully.

Just playing Devils Advocate in an attempt to make a "debate" out of your thread. An argument I can make, but I'll leave judgements to others.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
These debates often feel like arguments unfortunately but interesting to share opinions. This one appears to be a dialogue with 'others' scarce.

I do wonder about 'treading carefully'. I guess most manufacturers are in the same club.

Bottom line I guess is if connectors are significant in systems why are they rarely mentioned by non-connector companies.

Good night folks

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Bit off topic looking on KEF website.

They recommend biwire and.biamp. Then any good ofc cable spending around 5% of total cost of speakers per metre! So biwire 10m cables could cost as much as speakers! Typo hopefully?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts