Any news on when the new Denon/Yamaha Av Amps will be reviewed?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi team,

Any news about when reviews will be published on the new Yamaha /Denon av amps?

I've read the Denons will be available in UK in June, so I assume you maybe putting one through it's paces already/soon?

Yamaha in July (model: RX-V765), so I guess I'm a bit early perhaps, but I notice some website already suggest they are 'coming soon' or have the ability to 'pre order'......

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Joel,

Thanks very much for your in depth and informative response!!

(Not trying to make your 'post' count bigger as quick as possible, by any chance?)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:
Joel,

Thanks very much for your in depth and informative response!!

(Not trying to make your 'post' count bigger as quick as possible, by any chance?)

LOL I am feeling punchy ÿ

Apologies Pete

ÿ

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Smile Joel!!
emotion-2.gif

It's Friday night, and the weekend is here!! (Oh good, I'm working all weekend!!)

Anyone else like to add to Joel's effort (LOL)?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Argh!! Simon - the result I was hoping for - an informative response.

And the RX-V765 will be reviewed later in the year, I presume?

What about the Denons (AVR 1910, etc.), due out next month? Any sign of them in your office/test room yet?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Great - thanks for your responses...things to look forward to reading then...

Especially the V765, as it's the replacement to the 863SE but with the extra HDMI input, blue display (not Orange) and a tuner built in (which may hinder the sound quality performance admittedly).

Keen to hear about the Denon's too, as the AVR 1910 are to be UK Tuned, like the Yamaha 863SE was.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:
Great - thanks for your responses...things to look forward to reading then...

Especially the V765, as it's the replacement to the 863SE but with the extra HDMI input, blue display (not Orange) and a tuner built in (which may hinder the sound quality performance admittedly).

Keen to hear about the Denon's too, as the AVR 1910 are to be UK Tuned, like the Yamaha 863SE was.

PP1.

I've read a few of your posts recently and it seems that you are going to serious effort to find your Onk 606 replacement (and fairly play for your diligence). I would suggest that you might need to up the ante a little if you are after a wow factor improvement. I reckon that the Sony and Yamaha receivers currently available will give a better stereo performance but you might have to go to the circa £800 mark to see a decent jump. Just a view point....

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gerrardasnails,

Sorry for my constant and tiresome threads about this upgrade. To be honest, I am really doing my homework on this one because:

1) I rushed into the Onkyo 606 a little in the first place.

2) I want to do one upgrade - and one only, so I'm determined to get it spot on this time, without spending more than is necessary in terms of having a balanced system.

In other words, I am not very keen on spending £800 on an av amp when my speaker set up originally cost under £500 (replaced the fronts with floorstanders for £169 though). To me, that would mean I would not get the best from that amp without a speaker upgrade.

Ideally, I will only spend up to £600 (roughly same amount I spend on the speaker system - Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1), but I want it to be the best amp on the market for movies and stereo playback. Currently, this is of course the Yamaha 863SE, but the wife needs a tuner, thus the old thoughts on the Sony 2400ES.

Now I see the new models are close (especially the Yamaha replacement - with tuner, and Denon which is UK Tuned), I'm keen to wait a little longer to see which is the best.

I would hate to buy the Yamaha 863SE, to find it's replacement is better, with the addition of the tuner, extra HDMI input and a lovely blue display (not bloody orange!!)

Thanks for your input though.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts