Time for a new AV...help would be much appreciated.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Here goes...I currently have an old Yamaha RX-V1200 which has just put itself into retirement! Other equipment is B&W MT-30, Panasonic VT30, Panasonic BDT210, PS3 and a Sony Walkman NWZ A845. All using decent interconnects and cables.

So the question is, which AV should I purchase. I have always been very happy with my Yamaha, but have read some very good reviews on the new Pioneers. I have seen the Pioneer SC-LX73 for £1000 which is around the amount I want to spend. I have noticed a few comments saying they are a bit bright. I am happy to move away from Yamaha, but I will be sticking with B&W speakers.

Also, when I move house next year, I am purchasing the CM9 threate package off a friend who is moving abroad.

I'm not overly bothered by things such as Air Play, it really is all about sound quality and setup..ie sound fields, changing settings to reflect the kit it is paired with.

Any advice will be most welcome and appreciated!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Best advice I can give would be to look for a dealer which stocks your B&W speakers and then get some demos of receivers in that price range and ask them to connect them up to a run-in B&W MT-30 setup - that way you can ensure you get the one that works best with your setup.

If possible, look for a home trial in addition to this, since your own listening environment will also affect the sound.

TRENDING THREADS