Any info/advice on Audica ?!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Reason for asking is I'm having a few problems with a couple of MPS-1 systems I've bought.

I bought them from BigPockets on their clearance deal (£80) and they said at the time they were bankrupt stock. For £80 I thought it was worth a flutter!

One of the systems is fine, but another has a dodgy speaker connection. They've sent me out a replacement unit which has perfect speaker connections, but is knackered in (many) other ways. Sadly, the speaker cables are captive, and I don't want to start taking the units to bits.

The retailer doesn't seem to answer any questions regarding having them repaired by Audica, for which I offered to pay. I thought that would be preferable than them having to refund me for a full system, but I guess possibly Audica don't want to deal with that company, or bankrupt stock.

I emailed Audica to ask if they could offer a solution, or could recommend me a service agent, but I've had no reply at all.

So does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance if you do!

A

Anonymous

PLEASE NOTE THERE HAS BEEN AN UPDATE ON THE MPS-1 BIG POCKETS SITUATION FOLLOWING THE POSTING BELOW. PLEASE SEE 28/07/08 POSTING. THANKYOU.

I am very sorry to hear that you have not had a reply to your email from Audica. We truly have not recieved your email and normally are very quick to respond to all enquiries.

I am also distressed to hear about your experience with Big Pockets who are aware of the Trade Marks Act 1994 and Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 yet they have supplied you with unauthorised product. They should give you a refund. I believe that this is not bankrupt stock and I know that it has definitely not been supplied by Audica. I would urge any other cases to contact Audica and apply to Big Pockets for a full refund.

Audica MPS-1s all have unique serial numbers and carry a two year warranty. Please do not hesitate to contact me Alison Nevin on 01480 839239 or alison.n@audica.co.uk and I will ensure you are connected with an authorised dealer.

Kind regards

Alison

Alison Nevin

Customer Relations Director

Audica

Cambridge

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="alimdunk"]I am very sorry to hear that you have not had a reply to your email from Audica. We truly have not recieved your email and normally are very quick to respond to all enquiries.[/quote]
Thanks for the speedy response !
I sent the email a few weeks ago now, when I first received the units, but I guess things do go amiss on the wonderful www !
I am also distressed to hear about your experience with Big Pockets who are aware of the Trade Marks Act 1994 and Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 yet they have supplied you with unauthorised product. They should give you a refund. I believe that this is not bankrupt stock and I know that it has definitely not been supplied by Audica. I would urge any other cases to contact Audica and apply to Big Pockets for a full refund.

I presumed that it hadn't come from Audica direct, but I thought it had been bought from a bankrupt supplier, in a manner similar to other clearance houses. A refund would be very disappointing as I love the unit, but if there is no hope of resolving this problem in the proper manner, I guess that's the only option.

Audica MPS-1s all have unique serial numbers and carry a two year warranty. Please do not hesitate to contact me Alison Nevin on 01480 839239 or alison.n@audica.co.uk and I will ensure you are connected with an authorised dealer.

Funnily enough, no serial numbers, I noticed that straight away. I have sent you an email Alison.

Once again, thanks very much for your response.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to point out that I have received fantastic service from Alison at Audica in response to this post.

They could quite easily have fobbed me off, due to the fact that they've not made any money from me, but they've actually been extremely helpful.

The MPS-1 is a fantastic little bit of kit, and my problems with it don't seem to be anything to do with Audica, more the retailer I bought them from.

All I can say is that I'll now look at the rest of the range far more eagerly than before, due to the fact that their items undoubted performance seems to be backed up with equally good service

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Wow - now that's great customer service! You didn't even complain to Audica! Any other representatives from companies who read these posts, please take note! This is what we, the consumers are looking for!

EDIT - the cynic built into me just took over! I really hope this isn't a fake few posts to make Audica look good....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]EDIT - the cynic built into me just took over! I really hope this isn't a fake few posts to make Audica look good....[/quote]

No, it isn't.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Indeed not. Alison Nevin is a real person (Andrew and I both know her) and she is one of the reasons Audica has a fine reputation for customer service. If you ever come to the What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision show in London or the Bristol Show, she's usually to be found on the Audica stand helping all and sundry (including grumpy journalists!).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Then hooray for great customer service!
emotion-19.gif

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Just noticed your post Professorhat, I hadn't been back into this thread as I thought it was done and dusted! Shame on you for being so cynical
emotion-5.gif
It was most definitely a genuine post!

I received a full reply from Alison by email, explaining the situation as far as she could, and also offering an alternative supplier. As Audica weren't really obligated to get involved in my situation, due to my units coming from an "unathorised" dealer, I thought it only right to let people know how helpful Alison had been.

BigPockets have also been really decent with me though, and I can't fault them either. It's a little tricky, as I don't know the full situation surrounding these units, and there's obviously two sides to the story.

I do sympathise with Audica though, as I imagine this must have really hurt their "normal" sales of this unit.

Anyway, the MPS-1 is a great unit, I can see why it's so popular at WH-F towers.

Also, thanks Andrew, for bringing this matter to their attention.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. Your faith in Audica is much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Big Pockets have gone to great lengths to get an authorised supply of Audica MPS-1 from the beggining of June via an authorised Audica distributor. You will find an Audica serial number on these goods and can be assured that these items are genuine.

Alison Nevin

Customer Relations Director

Audica Ltd

Cambridge

www.audica.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts