Any Advice Please

Razzler

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
HI, I am a novice so any help / advice would be greatly received.

I have recently sold my B&O 9500 system and Penta 6611 Speakers; to be honest both were a bit too big looking, but missing it already

I loved the sound and maybe would have liked it a little bit louder.

My room size is 18ft by 11ft

I mainly play all my music direct from my IPod, but do use the odd CD every now any then.

Given the advances in technology what do you think would be a suitable replacement system; naturally, I am looking to spend a little as poss. etc. (don’t sound to much of a novice do I)

Could I get an equally good sound from the bookshelf speakers etc?

Could you also recommend where a good place to buy from, I am not adverse to second hand etc,

A

Anonymous

A suitable replacement? Look at the Naim Nait 5i, and the B&W 685s as a great system!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I really have no idea about your previous system and had to google for info. How do you like your music, what budget, have you got room for floorstanders or is standmount with perhaps a sub preferred, maybe even actives? Is looks/design important? You really have to be give more info in order for anybody to give you any meaningful opinion buddy. With due respect to hughes123, a pair of the mentioned b&w's and a little nait will not bring the rafters down if volume/impact is mandatory.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
NAIT 5i volume (50w) should be more that adequate for an 18 ' x 11 ' room , NAIM quoted volumes very conservative IMHO, but as Drummerman says more info you supply better advice you get.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts