Any advice on new kit would be gratefully received

HD Elvis

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully we are looking to complete and exchange contracts on the house we are buying soon and I am looking to turn the converted loft into my Cinema Room. The space of the room is around 17ft by 9ft (from memory but not sure) So, working with a budget of around £3500ish. I am hoping to get a big Plasma display, av receiver and surround speakers. 70%movies 30%music. I have various ideas on how to spend the cash and would ideally love a Pioneer KRP M display to compliment my 428xd however they are obviously difficult to find and buying either the 50 inch or 60 inch would leave me short on funds for the amp and speakers. Decisions decisions. However I have two main ideas at the minute (emphasis on minute as this changes a lot
emotion-5.gif
,) which are

1) Display: LG 60PS8000 - £1899.00

Amp: Denon 1910 - £450

Speakers: B&W 685 - £1250

or

2) Display: Pioneer KRP500M (if available) £2300

Amp: Denon 1910 - £450

Speakers: KEF KHT2005.3B - £799

Obviously the advantage of option 1 would be a bigger display and better speakers. Drawbacks is the display isn't a Pioneer KRP and therefore isn't the best available. (Pioneer fan)
emotion-5.gif

Advantage of option 2 is its a Pioneer display. Downside is its a smaller display and smaller speakers.

Anyone got any experience of any of the kit within either setup? Or can anyone suggest other displays/amps/speakers which maybe better value?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Messiah:I would go for a projector and screen. You'll be able to get a decent one for that budget, maybe for even less than the TV's you mention.

i agree £2k buys you one hell of a projector although leave a good £250 for a screen

TRENDING THREADS