Antiskating too strong? Help please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Some movement is quite normal. If you want to lessen it, it won't hurt to unscrew the anti-staking bolt a couple of turns....

Is it? Great...as I thought he shouldn't move at all...but it seems unatural as for sure some inerzia will act on the arm whilst you suddendly lift it...

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Have u actioned all advice given here? There are test vinyl with antiskate tracks which are effective and simple to use. Bought mine in 1973!

Yes but I guess I need some sort of equipment to do the testing/measurement a part from the disc...right...or not? :)

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I definitely recommend the HiFi test record. You can set everything up with the right loading and bias, but the test tracks and tones on the record show up any issues really clearly.

A

Anonymous

Hi. Assuming that both the tracking weight and bias are correct, arm drift ( to outer edge of the record ) can occur if the cueing platform and underside of the tonearm which contacts it is greasy or dirty, the outward pull of the bias causes this. Simply use a cotton bud and a bit of isopropyl alcohol and clean the underside of the arm and the rubber/plastic top surface of the cueing platform. That usually stops it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts