Another one bites?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Just seen the news that Tannoy's parent company is proposing closure of its factory in Scotland and the move of its remaining production to China.

Will the wardrobe speakers be as appealing to their buyers in Japan, China, etc., when they're no longer made in Scotland?

cat_tannoy-prestige.jpg

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Just seen the news that Tannoy's parent company is proposing closure of its factory in Scotland and the move of its remaining production to China.

Will the wardrobe speakers be as appealing to their buyers in Japan, China, etc., when they're no longer made in Scotland?

Only the future knows. But in term of image this would be a loss.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:

Bit of a co-incidence that you and Andrew post the same things on here and Facebook! *wink*

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
spiny norman said:

Bit of a co-incidence that you and Andrew post the same things on here and Facebook!  *wink*

Give it up gel, ae doesn't have the sense of humour required for a sock puppet.

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:

Bit of a co-incidence that you and Andrew post the same things on here and Facebook! *wink*

Give it up gel, ae doesn't have the sense of humour required for a sock puppet.
LOL. *biggrin*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

http://www.whathifi.com/news/tannoy-announces-possible-closure-its-scotland-loudspeaker-plant

It's a news story, gel: I (in common I think with many other people) received the announcement in an email.

I'm afraid I don't use Facebook: why would anyone want to put so much of their life out there in public for anyone to read?

I just picked up the 'wardrobes' comment from someone on another forum, and thought it was quite amusing, so apologies for my lack of originality.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Bad news and I feel sad for the employees. For me, there is a strong association between a brand's heritage and where it's made. Move the production of a famous name product to China and I lose any desire to purchase it. I'd rather put my money into something made closer to home.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts