Another AV receiver recommendation thread :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi recently my onkyo tx-nr509 has bite the bullet and died on me,so i would like to replace but not sure which av receiver to go for

Main use will with computer setup with 5.1 using optical out for music/gaming and bluray

will be also using it with xbox one/ps3/4 consoles

Would like something with 2 zones through hdmi/optical so i can run 2 video,sound ouputs at the same time

Budget is around £700 max

Would like some futureproofing,i intend buy a 4k/60fps tv hopefully next year.

Thanks for viewing any help sujjestioin would be greatly appreciated :)

Zia

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We've got a Group Test of all the new £500-£600 AV receivers (Onkyo, Denon, Sony, Pioneer, Yamaha etc) coming up in the September issue, on sale July 30th. You might want to wait until that comes out
smiley-wink.gif

hifiman2008

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Dont wait for the supertest. The sonyhas won already. go listen to some yourself. Onkyo and denon tend to be highly reviewd in manymagazines in many countries. The supertest usually is designed to sell units for a commercial associate. Reviewing 6 or 7 units at a price point and saying it is the best available up to a price point is utter rubbish. The magazine reviews a select few. There maybe others at half the price that whifi have not reviewed that are better. Trust your own ears they know best.

hifiman2008

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
So Sony's new walkman gets five stars? Twice the price of a fiio. Can't even connect it to a HiFi? No mention of expandable memory?,so no stars dropped for those big ommisions. Refer to my first reply. Ridiculous.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr828/onky-txnr828-blk

Join the newsletter and its 500 notes , if it was my money I'd have a hard time not buying this , super test or not last years models are always a bragain , my system cost me £738 the years before 5/4 stars

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts