Amstrad Sky HD Box - Finding Listings

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem? I rarely watch tv, but when I switch on the Sky HD box from standby, just about once every week I get the finding listings freeze on the EPG. I have to switch off at the mains and back on again. Not sure if I should invoke the warranty (about 6 months in), if this is usual, or just one of those glitches?

Any advice please? Thanks in advance.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
No such problem with my Amstrad SkyHD box, but ours is used everyday.

We USED to get this problem, before I upgraded to HD, and I believe it's because of a weak signal on whatever channel the EPG is transmitted on. During the upgrade to HD I had the LNB changed on the dish (we used to lose picture during wet weather) and I haven't had any problems since, either with the EPG or with the rain.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Nope. You're sure your LNB is good and that the cable connections to it are properly weather shielded to prevent water ingress? Our first installer forgot to fit the shield around the top of the cables, which is why we lost picture in bad weather and eventually why the EPG was so flaky, because the cables had started to corrode. I DO know it wasn't the old Sky+ box, because I've now got that on multi-room off a new dish and cables and it no longer suffers any problems with the EPG.

A

Anonymous

It was a new LNB installed in April, and I have that cable shield to stop the wet.

Hmmm, maybe it's the box?

A

Anonymous

I did the software upgrade, and it's still happening. Think I'll contact customer services.

daveh75

The other thing to try is a planner rebuild! See if that help's... Then at least you've exhausted all your option's before an engineer turn's up, and probably replaces your STB for a supposed "refurb" box.

A

Anonymous

I did and they said do the rebuild planner by accessing some hidden menu in the services area. Let's wait and see then. Thanks Dave.

shaun665

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
I had the very same problem last night and found that the SKY HD box would not record either

I phoned Sky and the person (ROBOT) I spoke to said it was probably a software glitch and not really a problem he said power the box off and then on again to sort it out, not good when you miss the first 20 mins of a brand new series

I tried to point out to him that the box is only a couple of weeks old (AMSTRAD) and it should not have any glitches but the ROBOT was not interested, but I don't expect much better from SKY except for when you are upgrading.

A

Anonymous

Bad luck on missing the recording. Luckily, mine hasn't done that.

Try rebuilding the planner.

emotion-1.gif

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
mines done this a few times and only way i can get it to work again is to turn off box at the mains but then can take ages to start up again and turn on!!! Doesn't always respond after being turned off and sometimes think will never restart!

how do you rebuild planner?

daveh75

matengawhat:

how do you rebuild planner?

If you have the old EPG,it's as follows....

on the remote, press "services" then 0-1-select in quick sucession, to get you into the "installers menu", highlight "planner rebuild" and press select.

For the new EPG it's "services" 0-0-1-select, then 7-down-select

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts