amps for kef iq7

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am new to the hi fi seperates buisness and have recently purchased some lovely looking kef iq7 speakers (not the SE model). i want to buy a suitable amp around the £500 mark that will compliment my kef's and hook them up to my apple ipod. i have heard my kef's can sound a bit bright / harsh. would a warm sounding amp do the trick ? Also speaker cables...any thoughts anyone ? any feedback would be very much appreciated !!!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Canbridge Audio 740A is the one that few people (not me) are quite happy with when using the Kef. The cheaper 640A wouldn't have enough reserve to keep the Q7 happy so don't go there.

A

Anonymous

cheers drummerman, I should have had a look through the rest of this forum before posting my message !

A

Anonymous

thanks for your input Thai man, i had thought of auditioning the cambridge 740a. what makes you say that you are not keen on this amp. At a squeeze i could afford the roksan kandy Liii at £600, any thoughts on this. and what about speaker cables ? I am going to try and get a listen to the system before i buy but i just need a few pointers in the right direction. thanks in advance for any help !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts