Amplifier with MP3

DM87

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Morning folks just looking for some advice and info, I will be purchasing a system in the next few weeks after moving in to my new house.

I have my eye on a Project Essential 2 turntable, but I'm stuck on an Amp to go with it as I also want to play my iPod/MP3 when I'm not playing vinyl.

Any suggestions on a lower priced Amp with MP3 connection? Or can I play it with any Amp?

As it's my first system I won't be going crazy with the money

Thanks DM

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Budget is everything here, but perhaps something like the Yamaha R-N500 or the Onkyo TX8050, both of which will give you the options you want and many more besides. A very flexible starting point indeed.

steve_1979 said:
Al ears said:
That's true as long as you don't mind using the iPods not-so-good DAC.

This is a can of worms right there... *diablo*

The analogue output from current Apple products are aparrently audiable transparent. This has also been confirmed with measurements.

Ooh er, if you say so (measurments eh? by Apple?). Begs to question then why most people would buy a DAC just so they could use the digital outputs.

And who mentioned 'current'?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
Ooh er, if you say so (measurments eh? by Apple?). Begs to question then why most people would buy a DAC just so they could use the digital outputs.

And who mentioned 'current'?

Based on measurements taken by AVI electronics designer Martin Grinrod.

Personally I have no interest in Apple or iPods but I have done several instantaneous A/B switch comparisons between the analogue output from my Sony MP3 player and transparent sounding DAC's (AVI, Yamaha, O2 and a few pro-audio ones) and the Sony sounds identical.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
That's true as long as you don't mind using the iPods not-so-good DAC.

This is a can of worms right there... *diablo*

The analogue output from current Apple products are aparrently audibly transparent. This has also been confirmed with measurements.

TRENDING THREADS