Amp and streamer advice to match Kef r100

Dean Morris

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm down to two options to go with my Kef r100. Before I audition them just wanted to see your thoughts.

Room size 3x3, listen to lots of styles, mostly streaming tidal , Qobuz and spotify, has to sound exciting at low volumes with a good tight controlled punchy bass. R100 are generally good for that but need the amp!

Needs a £1000 better than my arcam avr250! Or do I save my pennies

Option 1- arcam a19 with arcam airdac

Option 2 - the new Naim UnitiQute2 with Bluetooth and spotify connect.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
unsleepable said:
These options produce different sounds, really. But if you are down to just two options, can't you just audition them?

Unitiqute with Spotify Connect, now we are talking.

Pre outs too, Unitiqute feeding a pair of AVI DM5s, the ultimate compact system and a hell of a way to spend £2k.

On the other hand such a combination might cause the entire universe to come to a shuddering halt, I'm worried now....*ok*

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That could very well be… But the UnitiQute is a tad expensive for what it offers if you are not going to make use of its amplification.

It's a damn sexy box, that's for sure.

To the OP, also take into account that the connectivity options are very between the airDac and the UnitiQute. Since you list it in your requirements, how do you usually play Qobuz? From a computer?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
unsleepable said:
These options produce different sounds, really. But if you are down to just two options, can't you just audition them?

Unitiqute with Spotify Connect, now we are talking.

Pre outs too, Unitiqute feeding a pair of AVI DM5s, the ultimate compact system and a hell of a way to spend £2k.

now just add AirPort Express and stream Tidal, Qobuz and many more from iPad.

UnitiQute has active loundess built in, boost low frequency that decreases as volume setting is increased.. so really what you looking for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts