Am I wrong to expect a refund after 7 months of ownership

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Series1boy said:
I think Allan at AV is bang out of order with is poor customer device and I think he may have also broken the data protection act by naming his customer Terry if this is ellisdjs real name. Unfortunately for Allan at Av it doesn't work both ways and because he is a business and supplying products and services then he can be named and shamed because he is a business and is wife open if he probvides a poor service, so long as it isnt slander that is...

if Ellisdj has an issue, then Allan should be helping him in every way possible to try and resolve the problem and not blame the customer.. this is typical of a small business where they take it personal and you don't don't see these types of responses from the operations director at Richer Sounds...

how am i bang out or order, i've offered to replace the unit from the day Terry contacted me but he was reluctant to return it for his own reasons, i've made all manner of suggestions to help him out along the way, even suggesting using a hdmi repeater to see if it cured his issue but this fell on deaf ears, i suggested he moved the darbee nearer to his projector to get past his long HDMI cable which i still feel could be the issue but he wouldn't do that either,

So what am i to do, last week i asked him to return the unit for testing and inspection which he refused to do, and then this morning have seen the photographs he has posted, the unit looks in very poor condition hence the possible reason for his reluctance to return it for inspection. I also said that i would refund him in full on this very forum so ending this unfortunate issue but having second thoughts as the unit is totally unsellable and i'm going to be out of pocket £199.

As to suggesting i've may have broken the data protection laws, you need to stop being a keyboard warrior and get a life and start learning the law before you suggest it, or is it you just want to stir things up a little whilst sat behind your key board as often happens on internet forums

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Series1boy said:
I think Allan at AV is bang out of order with is poor customer device and I think he may have also broken the data protection act by naming his customer Terry if this is ellisdjs real name. Unfortunately for Allan at Av it doesn't work both ways and because he is a business and supplying products and services then he can be named and shamed because he is a business and is wife open if he probvides a poor service, so long as it isnt slander that is...

if Ellisdj has an issue, then Allan should be helping him in every way possible to try and resolve the problem and not blame the customer.. this is typical of a small business where they take it personal and you don't don't see these types of responses from the operations director at Richer Sounds...

how am i bang out or order, i've offered to replace the unit from the day Terry contacted me but he was reluctant to return it for his own reasons, i've made all manner of suggestions to help him out along the way, even suggesting using a hdmi repeater to see if it cured his issue but this fell on deaf ears, i suggested he moved the darbee nearer to his projector to get past his long HDMI cable which i still feel could be the issue but he wouldn't do that either,

So what am i to do, last week i asked him to return the unit for testing and inspection which he refused to do, and then this morning have seen the photographs he has posted, the unit looks in very poor condition hence the possible reason for his reluctance to return it for inspection. I also said that i would refund him in full on this very forum so ending this unfortunate issue but having second thoughts as the unit is totally unsellable and i'm going to be out of pocket £199.

As to suggesting i've may have broken the data protection laws, you need to stop being a keyboard warrior and get a life and start learning the law before you suggest it, or is it you just want to stir things up a little whilst sat behind your key board as often happens on internet forums

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
ideal av said:
Series1boy said:

you are obviously a small minded person and your reaction is not pro-active, but reactive and is not the the way forward. I am not stirring, I agree with elisdj and your response is poor, simple. Any reputable retailer would not react as you have and you seem to just want to prove your point which is wrong, just very poor on your behalf.

And, to call me a keyboard warrior, pot calling kettle black comes to mind!!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I will be returning the unit to you this afternoon Allen.

I asked several times about moving the darbee closer as I could have done that with quite a bit of work - I dont remember you saying definately do it otherwise I would have done - I only really recall you suggesting upgrading to the 5100 as a cure or changing the long HDMI which as I had already one that was installed and was working perfectly before the dvp went in you can see my reluctance on that one.

Having tried another shorter hdmi cable instead now and still having the same problems that wouldnt have fixed it anyway.

The condition of the unit is no reflectance on me not sending it back - I wouldnt wait this long and do all this if that was the case.

I do appreciate the offer of a refund, first time seen that from you and as I said to you I would happily accept a replacement if it was 100% guaranteed to work, otherwise its likely only going to be a merry go round and that doesnt benefit either of us.

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I will be returning the unit to you this afternoon Allen.

i will not be here to receive it until friday Terry

also this will be my last input on here regard this matter as its serves no purpose only to fuel replies from persons that it does not concern who seem intent to cause harm

Allan

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Just spoke to Lindy and as I feared the worst is true - the whole cable has to go back they cant just replace the damaged connector.

I have that mission to get on with this week when I can

ellisdj said:
Just spoke to Lindy and as I feared the worst is true - the whole cable has to go back they cant just replace the damaged connector.

I have that mission to get on with this week when I can
I would suggest you put 2 HDMI cables in, and also a couple of Ethernet cables. If one fails (or even 2), you have a backup. The ethernet cables can be used to transmit HDMI as well, in case the HDMI cables fail. That's what I've done in my setup.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
That is what I was using with the option to change the connectors - that is a good idea..

The Lindy cable limit is 10.2 Gbit/s

We might need 18Gbit/s in the future for 4k2k 4:4:4 10/12bit 60hz media - I think that is right - so you might need to install 2 runs of the Celerity fibre cable.

I think that is why people are using Cat6/7 netork cable cable instead its much cheaper but is it as good? - who knows at this stage?

D

Deleted member 2457

macdiddy said:
as the seller of the "not working" item has said he will no longer post any more replies to this thread and imo quite rightly so.

*unknw*
Ah okay - cheers!
thumbs_up.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts