Alternatives to a Zyk R100-02?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
As above anyone got any suggestions, I have an OL Illustrious arm and a Trichord Dino + PSU phono amp which should cover most options. Demoing is unlikely. I currently have an Ortofon Cadenza Red which I could exchange but fancy a change. I have also thought about a Benz Glider SL or even a Micro-Wood, but although OL sell them they say they are not the ideal choice for their arms. Something a bit more open than the Red maybe.

Do any of the above have stylus covers?

Budget is around a grand in UK pounds.

Come on Floyd Droyd impart your wisdom on me, and inspire me.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Transfiguration Axia or mibbe Lyra Delos. Transfigs are cracking carts. Benz dont ponce around with girlie stylus guards , they like to get your towel holder puckering. Of course you could flog or trade in your OL for a SME IV then go Benz Wood SL route , that combo sings like a canary on't Orbe. Mind you so do transfigs. Decisions decisions eh .

Edit. Re Axia. 1200 spons is around a grand to me ,lol.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I saw that earlier on today Al , I was smooching around looking for an Orpheus L * . Theres something about that Emporium bunch that niggles me , dunno just a gut feeling but I've always steered clear of them.

* yup I know theres loads out there but as its discontinued.....

Dither ye not! You know you want one.

You can then dither about the cartridge :)

Nah, not that rich really, I know I've got two 'backup cartridges' I can flog on for decent money if I decide to push the boat out on the Transfiguration.

Al ears said:
Dither ye not! You know you want one.

You can then dither about the cartridge :)

Nah, not that rich really, I know I've got two 'backup cartridges' I can flog on for decent money if I decide to push the boat out on the Transfiguration.

Also like a Audi RS8, but have to content myself with a Alfa.

Oh yes, a far better TT would be nice. Once I clear some financial stuff it'll be the top of my list.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
If I did that the missus would be whipping out something sharp.... :)

I think may be in a majority of one on here , my polly never bats an eyelid when I tell her how much I've landed on a cart or whatever. Thats if she has been ar*ed to ask in the first place.

DIB said:
Mrs DIB and I only really have turntable discussions along the lines of "..HOW much did you say for a needle?"..

Know what you mean but I think I might just get away with a cartridge upgrade without 'er indoors noticing.

A turntable or tonearm upgrade would, unfortunately, be noticed immediately. :)

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Bias, as you should well know :) , is dependant on stylus profile as well as vtf. Anyhoo enough of this geeky shi*e , I'm awaiting Mr LAs thoughts on his new toy.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
The cart is still in the box, and as the wife is home on holiday for the next two weeks, it may stay there unless we have a very wet day.
Floyd I do not have a Rega, well I do but it's boxed up as I may sell shortly (Planar 3.) I proudly have an Orbe SE.

Lost Angeles said:
The cart is still in the box, and as the wife is home on holiday for the next two weeks, it may stay there unless we have a very wet day.
Floyd I do not have a Rega, well I do but it's boxed up as I may sell shortly (Planar 3.) I proudly have an Orbe SE.

And a very nice OL tonearm it would appear.

Is yours the latest version? I've got the Mk2, thinking of a possible upgrade for it sometime this year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts