Alternatives to a Zyk R100-02?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Only if it will fit on the end of a tonearm. :)

You might have noticed the similar numbering to a well known German brand but the OP has got the name wrong.

It is actually a Zyx!

Whilst I would love to fit a ZX9R I feel it may well be outwith my budget. :grin:

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
You might have noticed the similar numbering to a well known German brand but the OP has got the name wrong.

It is actually a Zyx!

Thats because the K Is near the X on the keyboard :wall: or I have big fingers.

My arm is an Illustrious2/3 which I bought from OL off Ebay, they say it is a re-conditioned 2 but the paperwork with it classes it as a 3.

K is near X?? You, sir, have a very strange keyboard! :shifty:

L.A. that sounds very similar to mine (got via the same route) Mine is a Mk2 with the uprated bearing, which I think is a 3 but not the 3c which has the carbon-fibre armtube.

Hope you are finding it as good as I consider mine to be.

As a matter of possible interest before the Zyx I had a Dynavector Karat 17D2 fitted which made a very nice combo.

I thought all you Orbe people fitted SME arms?? :grin:

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Well, Easter holidays over and the better half went back to work, so I finally got to Transfigure my system. First impressions with a MOV Rory Gallagher was it’s slightly more forward, thinner than the Orto at the top, then I played a re-issued Marillion and thought maybe not, so I stuck on the 45rpm Rumours and wow definite improvement here, rhythm section superb, then I had to cut the lawn. Tomorrow some Free and maybe GYBR but I’ve got some painting to do. Roll on winter. :roll:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts