All in one micro system

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for an all in one micro system for the kitchen. Must have cd player, dab/fm radio and built in speakers and sound more than half decent.

I love the look of the Meridina F80 but not the price!

What about the Roth Audio Alfie?

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Vita Audio R4? (You'll have to check on the DAB though).

My mate has one which I've yet to hear, but he loves it (it replaced a Nakamichi micro). Looks sharp and has an iPod dock built in too.

About a third of the price of the Meridian. Comes in nice gloss black or white for a small premium over the woody finish.

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Big C. I noticed that as well. Not that we can get DAB yet in Guernsey but I want it to be future proofed for when we get it obver here and the Government do away with FM.

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
5cats 35 i am looking at a similar dilemma and think I my have settled on a Teac cr-h500 as this seems to cover all the bases,is WiFi and so has internet radio for £439.00 and I believe received a favorable review in Aprils magazine

A

Anonymous

Have a look at the Geneva Sound Lab Models. I'm using the Model S in the bedroom. Brilliant for the buck.

Don't think they do DAB, though.

I've had a look at the Meridian as well, but as you said... the price... :)

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
This one sounded quite nice at the Russian Hi-Fi show, may also be on the pricey side though...
emotion-6.gif

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/1387.asp

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if you're after one with an ipod dock.

If you are you can get plenty of internet radio apps that mean DAB is not as important

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris:What finish did you go for? Gloss black looks very nice!

I've gone for the Walnut finish = an extra £50 to spend on music !

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
The Vita R4 arrived MOnday now up and running. It won't be going back. Mrs 5cat35 loves the look of it and also the sound (bownie points for me for a change); I think that every part of it CD, FM and iPod sounds really good as well.

If anybody is thinking of buying one then don't hesitate you will not be disappointed!.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts