All digital users need to hear this, JPLAY

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
SteveD said:
It's not just me and my particular laptop then, still it was worth exploring for a free trial just to see I guess albeit with disappointing results.

V happy with JRiver as is anyway and thanks for the comments on that above, am set up that way so all good.

I had the same problem. I couldn't change the audio output from HDMI to SPDIF.

SteveR750

To their credit I wrote a slightly arsey email to them, and they replied within half an hour offering to fix the problems online there and then. I might take up the offer tomorrow, but I'm still sceptical. Not sure how it works without a third party media player..?

A

Anonymous

Well, good on you, I cursed silently (ish). I'll be curious to hear your view if you do pursue it. I may do so myself once I get over the irritation of spending several lost hours messing about with it - seems ironic to me that only a ropey version of Molly Malone, which I didn't even know I had, was the only file of many thousands that would play on this high end audiophile player.

davydmx

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I purchased the 64 bit license for JPlay last week, after having demo'd the trial version for the last few months. 99 euro IS a lot, but what convinced me was the fact that i actually enjoyed listening to the trial version, complete with it's periods of silence, MORE than using Foobar...

I got into computer audio in a similar way to lots of people, i suspect, via iTunes firstly, then discovered Foobar. For a long while now, i considered Foobar to be as much player as i could need. It is shocking how much JPlay blows Foobar away! It sounds EPIC!

The bass(quality and quantity), tonal balance, detail, image depth, AMAZING! JPlay doesn't do lossy files, so i'm currently converting the 10% or so of my library that's lossy into ALAC. Slightly annoying job, but well worth it!

So yeah, i recommend people to try JPlay trial!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts