Alien Anthology via Tesco Direct

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can't find the original thread, so was wondering: has anyone had their copy shipped yet. I recall with discounts and one thing and another that a few of us were able to order if for just £31 or thereabouts - but has anyone received it yet? Or had it shipped at least? There's a frustrating lack of info available via one's Tesco account.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I can't help with Alien Anthology unfortunately..when was it released? I have ordered the Back To The Future Trilogy from Tesco Direct and it was released today...my order still says 'awaiting despatch' which is a little concerning.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Quick update (10:08 pm) Just phoned Tesco Direct and apparently both of the titles mentioned above have been 'delayed' as far as Tesco are concerned. I was advised that it may be Saturday before I receive the BTTF Trilogy and that the AA might be the same. I said that if i haven't received it by Wednesday then I'll cancel and complain bitterly (I'm quite good at this!)

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Ordered BTTF Trilogy on september 16th.. despatch time was 4-6 weeks. It was a preorder which I expect to be delivered as soon as it's released. Lets face it this is a major title an a major distributor. I could walk in to my local Tesco right now at 1030pm and buy it overthe counter.

A

Anonymous

Zavvi is the same, order still processing for Alien Anthology.

ashcorn

Mar 17, 2008
Visit site
Got mine in the post delivered from Tesco on monday morning at the excellent price of £31.87. Watched the first one last night and was impressed. Well done Tesco.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Still haven't got mine, and it's not even showing as "despatched" yet, which is rather disappointing. Still, I won't have a chance to view it before the weekend anyway, and the £31.87 price means I guess I'll just put up with it.

A

Anonymous

ashcorn:Got mine in the post delivered from Tesco on monday morning at the excellent price of £31.87. Watched the first one last night and was impressed. Well done Tesco.

Well that's good news. My suspicion was that Tesco were holding back on the £31 pre-orders until they could get it cheaper (possibly week 3 or 4) from wholesalers. I don't understand however how it can appear to be in Tesco shops but somehow 'delayed' for online customers - excepting, of course, that they'd make more money in real terms by selling their stock through the shops.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Maybe not very good but as long as they are within the quoted despatch date you can't compain , I've used Tesco entertainment for pre-orders a few times and got them within a week of release but never on release date or before which you can get with Play/Amazon/Zavvi.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just to say it's worth getting hold of if Alien is anything to go by. Watched it last night - it's a fabulous demonstration of what a good restoration process and the Blu-Ray format can do for older films.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Can't wait!

Just to say the same applies to "Back to the Future", which I watched yesterday - again, a beautiful restoration, and your room will now shake when the De Lorean hitts 88 mph!

A

Anonymous

Still no sign of my Alien Anthology shipping - ordered early August.........

A

Anonymous

Well, some good news, and I hope for others still waiting too......

Tesco have shipped my Alien Anthology as of a half-hour ago.

Good luck everyone else.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
kaotician:

Well, some good news, and I hope for others still waiting too......

Tesco have shipped my Alien Anthology as of a half-hour ago.

Good luck everyone else.

Yep, just received an e-mail confirmation of despatch too - although delivery could add a further 3 - 5 days.

A

Anonymous

Well, I'm amazed. It's arrived as of half an hour ago - perfect timing for the weekend - just a day after shipping. Fingers crossed for yours too, Naxos.....

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
kaotician:Well, I'm amazed. It's arrived as of half an hour ago - perfect timing for the weekend - just a day after shipping. Fingers crossed for yours too, Naxos.....

Yep, mine arrived Saturday morning as well - a pleasant surprise, and what a package! I've already watched the '79 theatrical version, and I have to say (as others have in the separate thread) what a great remaster it is, particularly as it's such a predominantly dark (in all senses of the word) movie, with no sunshine to highlight lots of impressive HD photography. Can't wait to move on the Aliens!

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but 6 weeks ago I pre-ordered a couple of titles off Tesco entertainment (Fantasia & Ts3).

Fantasia is released today and my copy dropped through the letter box at 11 o'clock this morning after receiving an email off Tesco on Saturday advising that the item had been despatched.

From my point of view in this particular instance Tesco have done everything right.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts