AKG k701 v2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In response to the previous thread I started I'd like to start another.

These headphones are light years ahead of anything three times the price. I'm hooked. My eyes are drooping though my ears are erect. The only concern is it's too antisocial to do all of the time.

A

Anonymous

I've been tempted, was also looking at the Sennheiser HD-600 or Grado SR225 as they are all in a similar price range but I can't decide, will have to do some testing.

A

Anonymous

Not out of choice I've ended up with the AKG over the Grado 325. I'm not disappointed. I've received some excellent customer service from the UK distributor for Grado over the last week though I'm still very resilient to recommend Grados.

As range Grados are probably the best headphones on the market. They are the Naim of the headphone world. Though unlike Naim, they break very easily.

A

Anonymous

Brisk:I've been tempted, was also looking at the Sennheiser HD-600 or Grado SR225 as they are all in a similar price range but I can't decide, will have to do some testing.

I was doubtful for a long time (even though I'd heard a broken in friends set) but they are way better than any of the Sennheisers and I'm not looking back having basically swapped my 325s for the AKGs.

Admittedly they have different qualities. The Grado is more inviting and exciting. The AKG is passionate and 'there'. Sennheiser on the other hand need to invest more into their development as a sound orientated company.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Do you have much experience with the Sennheiser's? I've seen the 650's for £199 and am wondering whether these would be a step above the AKG's, they seem to receive universal praise for there transparency and realism. I have the SR-60's presently but think my little Dot deserves some better phones, as much as I love these little gems.

A

Anonymous

Yes I've had the 650s lent to me and I wasn't particularly enthralled. They actually share many of the characteristics of the AKG in neutralness and tone. The difference is the definition, with the AKG you can hear the harshness of the pluck and the degrading of the vibrating wire.

A

Anonymous

Since I'm a surrender monkey to these headphones I feel the urge for a write up...

ÿHeadphones so far...

Grado SR60.

Anyone is mad not to choose these headphones at that price.

Grado SR325.

Brilliant sounding headphones. Without paying out for the GS10000s I doubt I'll hear a more Naim like headphone.

AKG K701.

It's different. It's like you are hearing the final mastering, the leading edge is so unbelievably well defined and so is the trailing. Everything in between is beautifully consistent too. The material they use for the ear pads makes them almost non-existent meaning the sound comes from everywhere rather than the enclosed space I felt with the Sennheisers.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Wow Grado GS10000, they must have added an extra zero to the model number just to reemphasise how much of its own league their in! Must say the K701's are tempting at their current price, I'm worried that they will see a similar price hike as the HD650's, I will hopefully get a chance to hear the two at the Bristol show.

A

Anonymous

Yes the Grado 1000, 0000 are only available through internal order, Mr. Hughes is set to receive a pair I believe.

See what you think if you get chance to test as Bristol and let us know!

The only thing I would point out is that sometimes you need to be concentrating on the sound in your own little world rather than being surrounded by 'show atmosphere'. I wouldn't judge your purchase on what you hear at the show, see if you can listen to them in a quiet environment and see what you think then.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts