AKG Acoustics K271 - anyone know these headphones

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just ordered a pair on these for £16 plus £6 delivery - last pair they had said were brand new so hoping these are pretty good when they arrive

i'm guessing they might be the mark I not mark IIs but I thought worth a punt for that kind of money

A

Anonymous

Sorry to take this off topic but what gain do you use the Sens with the dot? I have just acquired a pair myself (a Christmas present to myself) and I barely get past 10 on the volume knob. The sens are some really great phones, just ordered a new pair tubes for the dot too the Tung-Sol 6AK5 5654, Can't wait to give these a go.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
hey brisk - has been a while!!!

how you getting on with them - i originally had them set as indicted in the manual gain x10 but like you couldn't get past 10 oclock so turned down the gain not sure if on 5 or 4 at the moment but not messed for a while as not been using it much recently as gf has stopped studying so not had to keep quiet and last time had put in new tubes so any changes in sound would have put down to them

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well i was just surfing the net looking at different closed back headphones and was looking at AKG 272 HD and then noticed at the bottom of the page it said sale item £16 K271 so emailed them live online and they claim one last pair thats brand new - one of those lost whouse items i'm gussing so hoping will turn up ok! Was directdigital in bolton - they have a few other sale items including a pair of grado sr80 for £63

http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/clearance/accessories/headphones/tv-hifi

idc

You lucky +?>&£! I have just been off the phone to them. Apparently you found a 'dead link' (which I did as well and it is now being removed) to a product no longer for sale, but they still had one lurking in the warehouse. The chap I spoke to then said 'oh we managed to sell one today'!!!!!!!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the link was live this afternoon as bought online but like i said last one - you could add all to basket and check out - i connected online to have a chat as thought seemed to good to be true to check they actually had them and checked out whilst live with them - he had to go looking!!!

idc

I know! The person I spoke to said that the link should have been removed a while back as they had sold them all, but they had obviously missed one and you got it!!!!!! They are the Mk1s BTW, but for that price wow.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well they better turn up!!! have managed to pick up a firestone audio fubar 4 dac/amp and the AKG K271 for £152 delivered which seems a bargain for a set up!!!!

they have an interesting feature as well i believe in that you have to push them on your head to activate them and when you take them off they automatically mute - never comes aacross that before although that could be the mark IIs

idc

You wont find it through the website, it is a 'dead link' that had not been removed from Google. If you had got another member of staff, they may have said, sorry all gone, the link is old, leaving a pair of forgotten AKG K271s lying gathering dust. You were lucky because someone went and looked.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
will be interesting to see how they sound with the fubar as reviews suggest that the amp prefers 600ohm headphones but hopefully all ok

it will be just my luck that they are a pair of faulty returns thats been forgotten about!!!! The amount of wrong items i been sent over xmas and this year is hugh

A

Anonymous

I have these headphones..... And I love them to bits. You sir, have just picked up the bargain of the year so far. Would be incredibly jealous if I didn't already have a pair.

By the way, the 'mute' feature is due to the fact that they are regarded as monitoring headphones for studio work, hence being sealed. Pretty neat though not of huge benefit at home.

Enjoy!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
what a surprise they have vanished - didn't arrive today as promised contacted them and they said we emailed you (did not) none in stock even though i talked with them before order and the guy went off to check they were new and came back to me and said last pair all sorted - me think one of the staff though bargain i'm having them!!!

really not happy - feel been lied to and obviously idc was also since they confirmed to him one last pair but were sold earlier today!!!

won't be using them again!

idc

Sorry to hear this. I don't know if I was actually lied to, but they don't do themselves much good for customer relations. I watched on another forum excitement reach fever pitch as people put in orders for headphones at a ridiculously cheap price. All of the orders were then cancelled as the company realised they had been listed with the wrong price. It is in their small print that they can do that.

TRENDING THREADS