airport express

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
hi i just got airport express today so i can stream my music of itunes feeding my hifi music

i have issues with the airport and its making me fill i want to put it in the bin

i get the music playing but the sound drops every 1 sec its driveing me nuts

i am on virgin the fastest speed they do and my imac is wireless i have the airport linked to the cdplayer optical lead into the airport and then an internet cable from the router to the airport i went though all the settings on the mac no issues just the sound dropping all of the time is there something i missed is there a fix please

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
hi i just got airport express today so i can stream my music of itunes feeding my hifi music

i have issues with the airport and its making me fill i want to put it in the bin

i get the music playing but the sound drops every 1 sec its driveing me nuts

i am on virgin the fastest speed they do and my imac is wireless i have the airport linked to the cdplayer optical lead into the airport and then an internet cable from the router to the airport i went though all the settings on the mac no issues just the sound dropping all of the time is there something i missed is there a fix please

Open the AirPort Utility on your iMac (or download the AirPort Utility app to your iPhone / iPad).

Try this ...

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202192

You ONLY want the section headed ... "Connecting to an existing Wi-Fi network as part of a roaming network"

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I have it set at the moment for iTunes music only heading not on the the roaming heading I thought I would leave it tonight and look again in the morning to change it to the roaming section but I did download the app for airport express which then updated the firmware on the airport express which it's not dropping sound so much as it was but it still does drop sound . I reset my router to see if this would help but no luck there I've tried and I do not understand why it's dropping sound for as I have a fast broadband speed so no issues there unless there is some setting in my router stopping the airport express working properly

daveh75

Your broadband speed is irrelevant!

The issue is clearly on the LAN side of your network somewhere.

It's difficult to say without working through and troubleshooting it, but the first place I'd start is the wireless connection to the iMac...

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Your broadband speed is irrelevant!

The issue is clearly on the LAN side of your network somewhere.

It's difficult to say without working through and troubleshooting it, but the first place I'd start is the wireless connection to the iMac...
my iMac is connected wirelessly from my virgin super hub I have never had any issues with wireless connection with the iMac only with this airport express I have tried two ways with the airport express first wirelessly and then using an Internet cable between the virgin hub and the airport express both ways I get sound drop . I have reset my router and factory reset my router changed channels , disabled the firewall in the superhub and reset the airport express nothing works to solve this issue I think the issue is with the superhub somewhere but they both are definitely making the connection between each other unless I have a faulty airport express I've looked around the Internet nothing no fixes I looked on the virgin media web site too I did a router test it passed . So I think I will take it back and get my self a dac which I did not want to do as it will cost a lot more but at least it's reliable

daveh75

So about the only thing you haven't tried is wiring the iMac to the router at this point?

I'd try that first, even if it's temporary just to eliminate the WiFi connection as the issue.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
daveh75 said:
So about the only thing you haven't tried is wiring the iMac to the router at this point?

I'd try that first, even if it's temporary just to eliminate the WiFi connection as the issue.
no not used the Internet cable to the Mac yet but the router is in the same room as the Mac. So there should not be any wifi range issues and the airport express is right next to the router

iMark

Maybe these links will give you good advice.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4039299?tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5723712?tstart=0

Or just google "Virgin Super Hub Airport Express" *smile*

We have always used the Airport Express in Wireless Mode 'Join a wireless network' and that has worked well with router modems from different providers. 'Enable Airplay' should be checked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts