airfoil crashing help!!

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
I have only recently started to enjoy spotify through my 740Cs DAC to find that a few weeks later I start to get a lot more dropouts and airfoil seems to be crashing quite frequently. How would I rectify this? I am not particularly computer literate but it would suggest to me that my wifi network is not good enough. I have a freebie router from talk talk would it help if I got a new/better router or could it be something else? any help would be great as it is making me not want to listen to spotify!

A

Anonymous

Hi mate, just spotted your thread.I have had problems streaming airfoil to my own 740C, the router could be all or part of the problem but this is also a known problem with your set up. There is a firmware update available from RS that may help the problem(take 740C in and explain problem) otherwise its a new router or signal booster somewhere. Google the problem for more info.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the response Cidershed, I have had the update on the 740C, the metallic noise is sorted but now I am getting the crashing and drop outs.
I think it is a signal problem but it is not like the router and airport are far away from each other they are in the same room!! I may just run an ethernet cable from the router to the airport.

A

Anonymous

Hi bay24. Yep, think an ethernet cable is a good idea as dropouts seem to be unavoidable to one degree or another with wireless networks at this stage in their development. I'm now running a laptop through ethernet to my AE then onto my 740 and it sounds great, with no dropouts aaaaaghh bliss!

Reckon all ethenet cables are the same? Check out my 'posh ethernet cable?' thread under the hi fi forum. Some of the people on this site make me laugh, they really think they know it all. Enjoy!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts