Advise on speakers connection.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Greetings all,

basic but a very important question i have got here.

how best to wire speakers?

a) wire them to high F terminals.

b) wire them to low F terminals.

c) wire them diagonally.

d) it doesn't matter as long as the colours are matches correctly.

thanks

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Which diagonal depends on which hemisphere you live in. In the Northern hemisphere bottom left to top right and the other way round in the Southern hemisphere.

Chris

Its OK for you but I live on the Equator so its no laughing matter.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I recon this post is feeding confusion! Single wired, red-red & black-black jumpers then red lead to red socket (hf if u prefer) and black lead to black socket (of if u prefer). Exchanging from hf to lf is going to make no difference but convinced otherwise then try other alternatives (both lf or both hf etc).

SteveR750

RobinKidderminster said:
I recon this post is feeding confusion! Single wired, red-red & black-black jumpers then red lead to red socket (hf if u prefer) and black lead to black socket (of if u prefer). Exchanging from hf to lf is going to make no difference but convinced otherwise then try other alternatives (both lf or both hf etc).

Just to clarify, I wasn't being serious! :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just to add clarity for the OP who may got get the humour, it doesn't matter if you wire to HF only, LF only or diagonal, the two sets of terminals are linked with jumpers.

abacus

ErwinC said:
RobinKidderminster said:
ErwinC said:
Interesting reading about this topic by Nordost: http://www.nordost.com/downloads/NorseJumperinstructions.pdf

Interesting yes. But IMO Nordost are the worst in gobboldygook and nonesense.

Perhaps yout should try it too. You might be surprised.

Nordost and most other Hi Fi cable manufactures are a joke in the pro world, (The ones that make and produce the music you listen too) plus none of these cable manufactures have been able to provide any repeatable and scientifically proven evidence of their claims, therefore they should be avoided at all costs. (I would also be suspicious of dealers that recommend them as what else will they try and con you into buying)

Bill

SteveR750 said:
ErwinC said:
SteveR750 said:
ErwinC said:
Diagonally always sounds best imo.
Yeah, but which way?? ;)

Red = HF

Black = LF *crazy*

​I tested this with several speakers and the result was always the same.

I thought you had to match up the coloured jumpers across both sets of speaker terminals.

The only coloured jumpers I have got are the ones I get for Christmas.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
ErwinC said:
Perhaps yout should try it too. You might be surprised.

You're having a joke surely, or can't you see that the two sets of speaker teminals in bi-wirable speakers are joined at their terminals with links, so it really and honestly can't make a difference which pair you use, or any diagonal combination thereof, so long as you don't pick two reds or two blacks?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts