Advice on what speakers go well with Yamaha RXV1900

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am about to purchase a Yamaha RXV1900 AV Receiver for home cinema.

Can you suggest or recommend what speaker package I should buy?

I checked out the reviews on whathifi and I thought the Q-Acoustics 2000 series, possible buying the a pair of floorstanding 2000 series instead of the bookshelf size.

I dont want to buy BIG speakers either.

Budget around Pounds 1000

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Monitor Audio would be the obvious picks, especially as the silver range is on offer (ring for best prices). I'm a fan of Focal, so give them a demo too (700/800 chorus) along with Kef. I'm sure the new Q-Acoustics are good, the old ones certainly had their plaudits but I would look at investing a bit more to be honest to get the best out of your amp.

Is the sub in the new 2000's a significant improvement over the old model?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Dave - the 1900 is more capable than the Q Acoustics will let it be.

You could look at the KEF iQ series and get the iQ50's with matching centre and rears for about £1k, then add the sub at a later date to allow you to get a better package in the long run. You could also look at the Monitor Audi RX series, but you would have to start with the fronts and centre, then add rears and sub later (unless you based it on the RX1's). I'd rather have a better quality 3.0 system than run a lower quality 5.1........

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advise..I'll check out Monitor Audios.

A

Anonymous

I own a Yammie RX-V1900 and I use as fronts KEF IQ7, center IQ6C, rears IQ3 on Atacama Nexus 7 stands.

Really pleased with this combo, they join together quite nicely, not only for music but also for films.

I would strongly advise a good listening session with KEF`s

greetings Steve

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Mordaunt Short Mezzo range(6's, 5, and 1's) are what I have running with my Yamaha 1900, very pleased with the sound. A little pricier than 1K tho....(£1300) and the sub will take you to the 2K mark but with the bass capabilities of the 6's you will hardly notice you don't have the sub(the wife complains when I turn mine on.......says it gives her a headache!!!!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts