Advice on new set up.

Slyda

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Looking for a bit of advice on getting some new/better speakers etc for use in a room with my computer and TV (sky HD box). Only looking for stereo and I have a budget of about £400 for speakers and amp. I don't really have a clue about this stuff and have used cheap active speakers up until now.

Have been looking at the Monitor Audio A100 amp and either Q Acoustics 3020 or Wharfdale Diamond 220 speakers (which is better?)

Can anyone comment on these and offer an opinion as to whether this seems like the right way to go or is there something I am missing out on?

PC can connect either via optical toslink or 3.5mm phono (if I have that right).

Appreciate any help/advice/thoughts.

K

keeper of the quays

Slyda said:
Hi everyone,

Looking for a bit of advice on getting some new/better speakers etc for use in a room with my computer and TV (sky HD box). Only looking for stereo and I have a budget of about £400 for speakers and amp. I don't really have a clue about this stuff and have used cheap active speakers up until now.

Have been looking at the Monitor Audio A100 amp and either Q Acoustics 3020 or Wharfdale Diamond 220 speakers (which is better?)

Can anyone comment on these and offer an opinion as to whether this seems like the right way to go or is there something I am missing out on?

PC can connect either via optical toslink or 3.5mm phono (if I have that right).?

Appreciate any help/advice/thoughts.

had you thought of secondhand? Think optical only through dac to amp? Look at roksan amps and dynaudio speakers...might get dyn 40s for £200..if roksan out of range pricewise? Cambridge audio azur amp? (nice amp for money) hope this helps a little..

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
With a low budget I'd say 2nd hand would get you much better value.

Personal preference - seeing as this is for your computer I'd spend the whole budget on the best active speakers you can afford. Then again, I would say that. 400 pounds of active monitor would easily outperform the Q acoustics or Wharfedales, but it really depends on what sound you like.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts