Advice on my choice of kit please

JonnyBuoy

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I am setting up a dedicated home cinema - after a fair bit of research and listening I have selected the following list of components. I have seen or heard the various bits separately but not together and hence would appreciate any views about how well they will match each other:

Projector: JVC DLA HD550

Amp: Pioneer SC-LX82

Bluray: Pioneer BD-LX52

Speakers: B&W MT-30

Any observations or suggestions for improvement (similar price bracket) gratefully received.

Regards

Jon.

John Duncan

JonnyBuoy:
Hello all. I am setting up a dedicated home cinema - after a fair bit of research and listening I have selected the following list of components. I have seen or heard the various bits separately but not together and hence would appreciate any views about how well they will match each other:

Projector: JVC DLA HD550

Amp: Pioneer SC-LX82

Bluray: Pioneer BD-LX52

Speakers: B&W MT-30

Any observations or suggestions for improvement (similar price bracket) gratefully received.

Regards

Jon.

All sounds good, though I'd suggest you also try to hear a full size speaker package as well as the B&W minis - you may find that you prefer the presentation of something like B&W's own '685 theatre' for less money.

JonnyBuoy

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, will take a look at that (although have been surprised how hard it can be to see/listen to specific kit!). I read the review - it sounded as though the sub might not be as good as that from the MT-30?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
JonnyBuoy:Thanks, will take a look at that (although have been surprised how hard it can be to see/listen to specific kit!). I read the review - it sounded as though the sub might not be as good as that from the MT-30?

The sub from the MT-30 (The PV1), is available seperately should you wish to go for it. In fact, all the B&W speakers are available either seperately, or as pairs, allowing you to pick whichever configuration of speakers you want.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts